The Guy on TV (original by des0free)

Started by des0free, August 06, 2021, 02:37:34 AM

Nelson

Love the lyrics and The panned guitars sound great.
Got that Margaritaville vibe.
Instant classic camp fire song.
Nicely done
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

WarpCanada

Nice song and the mix sounds great.    Getting a bit of Wreckless Eric vibe.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

Ted

Not a blackout bump: I went to your jukebox and clicked something down the list a bit.

I love this! It's straightforward and honest. Writing like this sounds simple, but it's not – not for me, anyway.

This is like an different take on CCR's "Proud Mary." But "Proud Mary" speaks of life on the river like tourist who made some facile observations on a vacation he claims changed his life. (It didn't.) "The Guy on TV," is much more convincing. I believe that this guy has found his zone.

When I was stuck in Arizona for most of 2020 (unable to return to Madagascar) I started to explore local Arizona music, and somehow discovered Tyler Blue Broderick who's "band" is called Diners. Described as "friendly pop songs." He's not particularly famous (even in Arizona), but his vibe is a lot like yours.

EDIT: I'm the fifth person to use the word "vibe" in a comment on this song. I think we like your vibe.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Jean Pierre

very pleasant song, yes the voice in octave agood idea
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

StephenM

I pretty much always dig your vibe Doug!!!!  Good way to put it btw!

the automix worked a charm...super ...

yes, this song is so fun and happy and inviting.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

BerryPatch

This feels like it was long ago but it was only last year when you made this... oh, how times were simpler back then ;) Great song!