Cricket Wickets Edith and May (colab with Daren G)

Started by StephenM, July 30, 2021, 06:01:42 PM

StephenM

LANDR-crickets wickets Edith and May (1)-Balanced-Medium
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I met June in July, and Edith, and May.  They all loved me til April came (she came).
Playing the field, I was across the line.  They made an appeal, it was a diamond duck. 
The bouncer hit me hard, it was a bounce out.  I brace for the buffet, I ran for it all. 
She made the call, I ran for it all.  We had a carry, it was a dibbly dobbly, dibbly dobbler.
I bowled across the legs, a dibbly dabbler, dibbly dobbler. 

She was driving a beamer, it was a belter
She was driving a beamer, it was a belter.
The band played, bend the back, bend the back. 

We had a carry, the girls did a cartwheel.  I was castled, that son of a pitch.
The chinaman started to grin, the chinaman started to grin.
Chuck you, come to the crease you cow corner!
It was bitter, I got a block, the blocker got blocked.  She was a Dorothy, bowling at the death.  Time to draw stumps! 

Time to draw stumps, if you get my drift.  Send the dropper, Flamingo.  Flat track bully, golden pair, gruber hack, hip clip hoodoo.  Jaffa, leggie.  Maiden over, Nelson, nightwatchman!
Offer the light, on the up. Out dipper.  Pfeffer fluffer, pie chucker, rabbit, rib tickler...
Johnson fluffer

Darren G sent me a music track minus bass so I added bass and he had asked if I wanted to do something with lyrics and "singing"....so here's a go... the track was called June 13 edit so I thought of June and Edith...made a song about a guy with a few girlfriends and they were all good until April came....that was too much...so I got another idea to use cricket terms and downloaded a glossary of cricket terms....apologies in advance...
I would have liked to mix the music a bit louder but it drowned the words too much...

thanks Darren for allowing me to amuse myself with this!  it was fun...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

kenny mac

Wow,that is a belter.
Crazy vocal stuff,cool music.
Well done all.

Hilary

Great fun and some lovely use of the cricket terminology.

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

I laughed all the way through this :) you definitely took this song in a direction I never expected..but it's a good thing. I love it Stephen. All those cricket terms are hilarious. It's the way you've delivered them. " bend the back" . Haha! You're a mad genius.
Also, Nice bass playing too.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

maxit

Funny, perfectly matched the backtrack, and full of genius lines ! GReat!!!!
recorder
Audacity

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

tonyc

you have a great sense of humour , almost in the goons bracket [ peter sellers , spike milligan ] great song and backer from darren , love the bass . brill stephen .....cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman_1957

Mad as a box of frogs! In a good way of course...... :D This really is out there, I know a bit about cricket but some of the stuff in there I had never heard. And I think it gets pretty rude in places..... :o ;D Huge fun, I love the vocals (especially the higher parts) and it's a great rocker under there. Definitely a mad genius!

TPB

Novel ideal had me smiling through the whole song
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away