Hopefully Not - odh original

Started by ODH, July 27, 2021, 11:36:07 AM

ODH

Hopefully Not
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This one was already in development when the vote for fests came up and it would've been perfect for the old age fest.  Except it never went that way.  So my submission for a fest that never was.

Grumpy old man song

:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO3UphODQvc

Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Mach

HaHa! I know what you mean. I dread the day I am forced into investing in cryptocurrencies like bitcoin and dogecoin. Hopefully not! Especially when the World intends on heading that way. Hopefully not! I'm not sure if I could maximize my returns on my cash at the Securities and Exchange Commission, but Hopefully so hehe!

Great message and spoken word over a cool musical background. I liked the way you gave it a comedic vibe. Great stuff!

Mach
recorder
Pro Tools
recorder
Cubase
recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Boss Micro BR

64Guitars

The drum track, sparse instrumentation, and spoken vocal reminds me of Toast:)
recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

"When one person suffers from a delusion it is called insanity. When many people suffer from a delusion it is called religion." - Robert M. Pirsig

maxit

I'm dying to understand lyrics (it's a about a marriage, isnt it LoL?) but man, even with half the words is a super cool song! The piano interlude gives just a touch of sweetness, that adds up to the humour and the cleverness of it all.
LoL even the toast song is cool (there's an enciclopedic jukebox down here...)
recorder
Audacity

ODH

Thanks for listening and taking the time to comment

I've copied out the lyrics

So

It shouldn't come as too much of a surprise to find out that I'm not actually that up on all the modern lingo that people speak nowadays.

'Cause there may come a time when I can't even talk to people on account of all the new accronyms and words and everything.

Like it's just starting to occur to me that maybe sometimes FFS doesn't stand for fish finger sandwich - that can't be right can it?

And is it too sad that the highlight of my day is when it's Clare presenting the weather?

[Chorus]

Hopefully not (x4)

I get up when I want except on Tuesdays when I'm... oh hang on wrong song.  I wonder if anyone'll notice.
'Cause when you get to my age it's easy to get confused.  Must be going senile or something.
How's the weather looking today?  Is it going to rain I wonder?
Or maybe the Earth really will die screaming, just like UB40 predicted back in the early 80's

[chorus]

[piano interlude]
So I wonder if anyone will notice that I just put a lazy Apple loops in to brighten the song up instead of working it properly?
Or that that nice drum track just keeps going over and over again, without being modified

[chorus]

I used to like a nice night out when I was younger.  I wonder if I'll ever go to a nightclub again?
Or go to one of those works Christmas dos where you have to sit through hours of speaches.
And then a half-cut woman from Finance that you know wants you to come up onto the dance-floor and do the Macarena with her.
And then later, when everyone's had a few drinks, you end up telling your boss to go and boil his head (the little shit)

[chorus x2]

'Cause they're right in what they say you know - life really is a piece of shit when you look at it.
Just remember to always look on the bright side!
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Love the lyrics and the arrangement is spot on. Great post.      Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

tonyc

this is great as someone said it reminds me of toast [ paul young ] superb lyrics and love the drum track ........cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Pru

funny song! i like that pommy accent and the words are true

StephenM

well, this is so much fun and man I know exactly what you mean.... I just really like going into my cave now...

love the keyboards and singing at the end...so much fun (hey macarena)

so off the wall and that is what makes it so interesting...and so well done

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

thetworegs

A lost track  from Flight of the conchords excellent

If Life is a dream then use your imagination