Retirement Day

Started by StephenM, July 26, 2021, 03:29:44 PM

Getting a West coast feel on this. A very enjoyable listen.   Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

tonyc

another brill song stephen , love the acoustic guitar it has a great sound .....cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

WarpCanada

Agree with the other folks. I like the Five Copies of Stephen doing vocals.   
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

Bluesberry

Damn man this is fantastic....really love it...acoustic playing is just perfect....the whole thing is just perfect...smile music

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Oh yeah! Stephen this is amazing, I bloody love it. It sounds like it's come from the 60's. really dig that style. The guitars sound amazing, getting a " the Byrds" vibe, plus yes some steve Miller.really great vocals and harmonies in this. Great mixing. And I love the lyrics.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

guitarron

Nice groove Stephen.
I can relate to this - I retired late last year.

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman_1957

I missed this one Steve, apologies. As a recent retiree I say welcome to the club, I hope you enjoy it! Your joy shines through on this, especially in the vocals. They are complex and there are some lovely harmonies plus some wonderful oohs and aahs. The acoustic is really well recorded and it's a great composition, definite echoes of CSN&Y and similar. I really liked the lyrics and I hope it's how retirement works out for you.

Oh, and let me add that I really liked the drums, especially the snare work. Really nicely done.