Retirement Day

Started by StephenM, July 26, 2021, 03:29:44 PM

StephenM

LANDR-Retirement Day-Balanced-Medium
Time:
0:00
Volume:
3 acoustic stereo tracks
1 Schecter Bass through my bass overdrive pedal I paid 20 bucks for  (Behringer)
1 stereo drum track
all recorded on zoom
5 vocal tracks....
all recorded on Zoom and mixed on Bandlab...mastered by Landr

Happiness, Joy, I'm lauging hard inside.  My day has come to say goodbye to all the work that I have done!
It's summer now, it's time for sun, I'll have some fun in the sun
with you by my side, with you by my side
holding your hand, sittin in the sand, warm feelings melt my heart
Ocean spray, Lake days, Longfellow by the bay
It's time to go , retirement day, retirement day, detirement day, I'll have my fun in the sun, I'll have my fun in the sun, with you by my side, holding your hand, sitting in the sand, warm feelings melt my heart
my day has come to say goodbye to all the work that I have done.  It's summer now, it's time for sun, I'll have my fun in the sun, with you, with you with you by my side, with you by my side
I suppose this has a southern rock/country rock sound with a touch of Steve Miller style, a little Randy Bachman etc...I really am enjoying the acoustic guitar...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

TPB

Very cool I have been playing acoustic a lot since my guest move in my studio I was really enjoying this had that Neil Young vibe good job brother
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Ray Brookes

Cool song, Stephen. I get a CSN&Y feel with this track and some nice guitar work in there.
Ray Brookes

Pete C

Great song Stephen! Part of it reminds me of a Matchbox 20 song from 2000 ish and a bit of an REM vibe too. The title jumped out at me - as you know, I've just retired from work so I'm digging the sentiment of the song !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Blooby

What a nice late 60's west coast vibe. Really enjoyed this.

Blooby

godinqc

Great song , really like the acoustic guitar and vocals .. yes as someone mentioned reminds me a bit of REM ..
Great work ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

maxit

Cool song, agree it has a west coast vibe. And the acoustic guitar is super fine !
recorder
Audacity

Farrell Jackson

A very cool song Stephan! I also hear a bit of early Neil Young influence in the melody and vocals. The acoustic guitar sounds full, bright and lively as a good recorded acoustic should sound, well done there. I like the retirement lyric theme. Good work here!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

ODH

Great sound on that acoustic and nice put together song. I'm getting that West Coast vibe also.

Another one that would have been perfect for the old age fest.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter