Waving Goodbye to Vacation (colab with Trevor and Hardlock)

Started by StephenM, July 20, 2021, 06:46:40 PM

StephenM

LANDR-Goodbye to Paradise-Balanced-Medium
Time:
0:00
Volume:
The original post is below...one with no lead and one with...

this one I just used the Ibanez Acoustic I got on vacation in the mountains of NY state (the Adirondack park)... I kind of came up with the idea for this there.

1 stereo Ibanez acoustic track using zoom mics
1 stereo drum track (different than below) using alesis nitro kit
1 bass track using my Schecter
1 Les Paul lead track copied and panned left and right 40 with a few effects added different from each other

Am, Dm, F and G.... it has a melancholic feel building with hope throughout
I used a metronome to lock me in at around 100bpm and I always use a low shelf filter on the drums (roll off below 53 hz), guitars (roll off below 125 hz) and bass (roll off below 73 hz or about)....this ensures better bass guitar sound and kick drum... otherwise the guitar pickups will dull out the bass...learned that on this site...makes a huge difference

Trevor added wonderful lyrics and Ken replaced my other drum parts... I had to post this here... there is another floating on the site somewhere else... the original instrumental is on page...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

LANDR-Waving Goodbye to Vacation-No leads-Balanced-Medium
Time:
Volume:
In case anyone wants to add a different lead/and or some keyboards and or vocals...here is a copy with no lead

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

Farrell Jackson

An acoustic guitar is a great tool to add to your recording arsenal Stephen. You've done well by it in this song. It rings clear as a bell and doesn't sound like a cheapo to me. I like the tasty lead guitar that sits on top of it. Nicely done!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ray Brookes

That is a nice cool track, Stephen and excellent playing. Acoustic guitar sounds fine to me, expensive or not and what you did with it on this song works well.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

LANDR-waving goodbye to vacation-Balanced-Medium (mp3cut.net)
Time:
Volume:
THIS IS THE ORIGINAL POST... i EDITED THE MIX ABOVE

bought an acoustic Ibanez guitar on vacation...not expensive but it plays well...so here it is

stereo acoustic track on the zoom R24 mics
1 epiphone bass track
Les Paul lead track copied for 3 tracks with various pan and effects placed on each
Les Paul rhy tracks x2 panned 30 left and right
alesis nitro drums...

went on vacation to the mountains of upstate NY... kayaking, canoeing, hiking, swimming, looking at the sky, watching baseball, playing the acoustic guitar a ton and kind of came up with the idea of this...
Am, Dm, G and F with finger embellishments...
never played much acoustic but diggin it now.... mixed on bandlab and mastered with Landr

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

hardlock

Love the tones and vibe! The contrast between the acoustic and electric grab your attention and hold it throughout the ride. Great stuff and right up my alley!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Well constructed instrumental, excellent musicianship. Enjoyed the listen.    Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

BerryPatch

Very cool melancholic instrumental. It would be awesome to hear you record more with the acoustic and it sounds great on top of that. The frequency listings you put below are super helpful as well. I always roll off too much when I do it. EQ is a delicate thing. Either way, excellent work yet again

Greeny

This is really slick. Great playing, dynamics and variety. The whole vibe of it really carried me away. Excellent!

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Sounds like a great vacation you had and you've produced an excellent instrumental track from it. O like the  chords you used. The acoustic has a nice sound to it, excellent lead work sounds brill.
Like the panning too. And those drums are great too :)
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.