The Love We Knew

Started by Ray Brookes, July 12, 2021, 03:54:49 AM

Ray Brookes

the love we knew
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Yet again I asked TonyC to provide the vocal track for a song and a great job he did. Thanks heaps, Tone.

The sight of you stops my breathing;
My heart won't beat under your stare
My spirits sink to see you leaving,
My eyes upon your empty chair
Though the room here crowded and heaving,
My eyes search for only you
Only now do I wonder of the love that we once knew

As sure as sunrise every dawning,
As sure as sun sets in the west
As sure as climate change, global warming,
Still feel your head on my chest
Check my mailbox every morning
For the sake of something to do
It's all too late now and I wonder of the love that we once knew

The sight of you brings on that freezing
As you dance upon that cloud
Just an image, surreal and teasing
Amongst the laughing smoking crowd
Just ourselves we think of pleasing;
As we watch chaos ensue
And how easy we look back at the love that we once knew.
Ray Brookes

Hilary

A great collab, congrats!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Ferryman_1957

Another classy composition, I love the combination of piano and organ, that's really good and the slide guitar is lovely. Tony's vocals are superb and really fit this one like a glove. And as always, superb production that results in a great sounding track. A great collab guys.

hardlock

Cool! The hammond and horns really bring this song the soul it deserves and the vocals tie it all together. Great piece of work guys!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

tonyc

thanks ray for thinking of me for your superb song , love the way you write, great lyrics and musicianship is always top class thanks again argh kid ......cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Farrell Jackson

You guys have done it again and with such class! Great backing music and mix Ray. I dig the horn section stabs with the cool organ placed underneath them. The slide is a great addition Ray. A killer vocal performance Tony! A fine collab. guys!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

TPB

two of my favorite musicians jaming again and this did  not disappoint well done gents
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Good to hear another collaboration from you both. Two great musicians. Fantastic music and lyrics  ray, ( as always) and some great sultry vocals from tony. I love that slide guitar ray.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Greeny

Gave me a Van Morrison vibe on the intro. And then Tony adds that lovely soulful gravel. Such superb musical and production skills on display. Not least on that superb slide solo. What a great listen and collaboration!

Johnbee

Shades of Motown!  This is great.  Another surprise from the Rayster with a different vocal sound provided by Tony.
Very entertaining, guys!

:) John B