Girl On A Morning Train

Started by Ray Brookes, July 06, 2021, 12:57:19 AM

Ferryman_1957

What a classy production. The guitars sound superb and the playing is quite lovely. Another stellar piece of work from you Ray, oozing quality from every pore.

Hook

Quote from: Hilary on July 06, 2021, 06:18:36 AMAlways a treat to listen to one of your songs, thanks Ray!
Yeah!
You tell a story so masterfully and play so brilliantly. How lucky we are to have your songs here.
Rock on brother!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Blooby

Such a solid tune. Beautifully rendered with a fine mix, understated leads, and wonderful imagery. Knocked this out of the park.

Blooby

Jean Pierre

New listen...so well done! everything is so well in place, the guitar picking is magnificent and the theme of the song "rencontre fugitive" reminds me a lot of the poem of the French poet Antoine Pol:
"Les passantes" is a poem that provides an immaterial, romantic, even ideal vision of the woman. The lines of the poem approach the woman as an unattainable fantasy, an object of intense and unfulfilled desire. "Les passantes" highlights the bitter regret of not living his life intensely, not approaching a beautiful woman passing by, turns into a dramatic sequence, which makes the Man unhappy and skeptical.

The passers-by are those women we meet on a daily basis. Beautiful women, with a graceful look, but that the man does not dare to approach them. They are fleeting, instantaneous, and vanish very soon.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Johnbee

Another pleasant surprise from you, Raymond.  Beautiful 12 string work with a gentle Dylanesque lyric line. Very sweet.
 :) John B

Nelson

Love the layered guitars (beautiful _ pick or fingers?) and the bass play throughout but indeed I'm very impressed with the vocal performance , so cool, expressive and seemingly effortless. Just a taste of harp perfectly placed and a beautiful lyric.

Another stunner Ray

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600