Summon the Drain Demons

Started by StephenM, July 02, 2021, 10:15:52 PM

StephenM

LANDR-SUMMON-Balanced-Medium
Time:
0:00
Volume:
warning this might be a little nasty because i got the idea to make this song in the shower today when I had to clean the drain out afterwards which I have to do about once every few months...it's a nasty job and this song has some great sounds...but...

Acoustic guitar ( one stereo track)... electric guitar one mono track...bass..
drums (one stereo track)
2 stereo "vocal" tracks

all recorded and mixed on the Zoom R24 with on board reverb and electric guitar using the Boss ME-25 (and bass)
drums alesis Nitro, zoom on board condenser mics for vocals and acoustic guitar

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

SUMMON INS
Time:
0:00
Volume:
If anyone wants to write some better lyrics and do vocals or add other stuff...here is an instrumental track that has not been mastered...it's about 3 minutes long...and as with any of my stuff feel free to do whatever...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

I love this Stephen, has a great indie rock sound..like Nirvana or something from the 90's , but also a prog rock sound.
I think the music is excellent. Love the guitars and drums, bass is good too. And I really like the vocals you've made up ..the talkie bits are really clever and I don't think you should change it. Be interesting to see if anyone adds something to it.

Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Nelson

Yes I like it
The track is very creative and the soundscape is full but not cluttered.
The vocal bits are lovely and the groove is killer
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Jarle

I can't see any reason to add anything to this. I like it as it is.
recorder
Boss BR-800

tonyc

another great track stephen , love that bass a cool song ....cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Ferryman_1957

I am in LOOOVE with that bass sound!!! It's awesome! Really love the way it grunges this along, and the whole atmosphere of the track is wonderful, some fab sounds in there. It's really well recorded and mixed, the power of that bass sound drives through but doesn't overwhelm.

I can't really make out the vocals (I am having to listen without my hearing aids, which are playing up right now), but they sound like a bit of a mad trip, I did make out something to do with the cost of plumbers....?

Very cool sounds and a very cool track!

Greeny

Strange and menacing. In a good way. There's a great & hefty groove going on, and the backwards-sounding guitar is very trippy. Yeah - it's a nasty job, but someone always has to do it. I like the demons you summoned :-)

StephenM

Quote from: Ferryman on July 05, 2021, 01:55:10 AMI am in LOOOVE with that bass sound!!! It's awesome! Really love the way it grunges this along, and the whole atmosphere of the track is wonderful, some fab sounds in there. It's really well recorded and mixed, the power of that bass sound drives through but doesn't overwhelm.

I can't really make out the vocals (I am having to listen without my hearing aids, which are playing up right now), but they sound like a bit of a mad trip, I did make out something to do with the cost of plumbers....?

Very cool sounds and a very cool track!

Nigel, there is a reason I am not going to post the lyrics...oh my goodness....the whole thing is quite bad... but I kind of like the madness of it...kind of like me muttering under my breath most of the time at work now...I am officially a grumpy old man...at least part time...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

Zoltan

I got 90s indie rock flashbacks from hearing this. The weird chattering noises all around, the acoustic guitar, the distorted bass. There's much to like. The song title is also a win! Like they say "Song title is half of the victory" (or something like that) :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper