'Sisters of the Sacred Rain' - Greeny Folk Original

Started by Greeny, July 01, 2021, 07:35:24 AM

Jarle

recorder
Boss BR-800

kenny mac

Excellent stuff  mate.
Great relaxing music with a great story as well.
Nice one.

tonyc

brilliant song time , love the sound of the acoustic guitar sounds great and your vocals . superb piano playing all round great song tim ....cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Farrell Jackson

I like this style Tim! You can head down the folk-ish road any time you like and I'll be there listening. Great vocals and poetic lyric writing. It all sounds good to me...I'm headed back for another listen!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ted

I really like this. Maybe I don't understand English folk. No, I definitely don't understand English folk. It brought to mind some prog-adjacent stuff I used to hear a lot more of, such as Horslips and Jethro Tull. Now that I've typed this far, it occurs to me that both of those examples are also folk-adjacent.

You've inspired me to indulge my American folk side. I have a bunch of ideas in my music sketches black hole, and I never develop them because I assume my friends won't like these ideas.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Kenneth

Sounds fantastic Tim.I like the chord changes, and the vocals suit it perfectly.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Nelson

I love your vocals on this. I get a Bowie vibe.
Brilliantly tasty arrangement and mix, feels like a classic.
I'm always blown away by your lyrics and the creative ways you find to express a thought, never plain never dull. The mark of a true artisan.

recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600