'Sisters of the Sacred Rain' - Greeny Folk Original

Started by Greeny, July 01, 2021, 07:35:24 AM

Greeny

Sisters of the Sacred Rain_GREENY
Time:
0:00
Volume:
As a lot of you know, I like to go all-out folk sometimes. I feel very comfortable and happy in that genre. More specifically a dark and strange brand of English folk.

This has acoustic guitar, bass, real piano and vocals, plus GB percussion, drums, strings and piano.

Sisters of the Sacred Rain

the silent order gathers like a murder of crows
huddled in communion where the rhododendrons grow
barrows on the heath
with bronze age chieftains underneath
ready to rise up when this village needs them so

in the cloisters of magical thinking
needing the touch of brighter days

sisters of the rain
the immaculate sorrow
darker than the grave and just as hollow
heading down your way
maybe tomorrow
sisters of the sacred rain
on dirty panes

in the sea's cold embrace
all hands were lost
the pale flotsam faces
counting the cost
widdershins they went
round the yew tree after dark
hoping for communion with the churchyard stars

in the cloisters of magical thinking
needing the touch of brighter days

sisters of the rain
the immaculate sorrow
darker than the grave and just as hollow
heading down your way
maybe tomorrow
sisters of the sacred rain
on dirty panes

Bishmanrock

I love this! One of those tracks you can just lay back, close your eyes, and get lost in. Really nice sound.

recorder
Cubase

maxit

'real piano' ... mmmh ... must be a new VST plugin that I don't know ;-)
cool song, for some reason I hear some fairport convention's mood when the drums comes in
recorder
Audacity

Ferryman_1957

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you have taken up Roy Harper's crown, although you've made it delightfully spikey with some nice sharp edges. I really like this style of music (because I used to listen to a lot of Roy Harper, Michael Chapman and the like) and you keep true to its essence of off-kilter English folk-rock and give it your own unique edge. I really like this style of music and I love this track. Piano and guitar sound superb, your vox are great, and I've already liked the video.....  ;)

TPB

Great folk singing and I love the way the bass is anchoring it all down
Well done brother
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Ray Brookes

Nice folk-rock song with some lovely lyrical phrases and great vocals. I love the dark imagery and the overall 'olde English-ness' coupled with the more contemporary instrumentation.   
Ray Brookes

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Mike_S

Beautifully done. The acoustic guitar sounds superb and great playing too. A little mention for those backing vocals also which help with that folky atmosphere. Brilliant.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

I admit that for me it's very easy to get "addicted" to your music Tim...  probably because it's just so good...consistently good...and even great for that matter...
I never was one for "genre" labels much but I see why people use them... for me there is just music...most of which I like when I hear it...

I don't think I can think of 5 songs of yours of the 200 or so I have heard that I didn't at least like alot...or even love for that matter...

I have a Tim Green folder that I binge listen to in the car at times... I still love Building 11 the most though!!!

another great song

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Bravo Tim,this sounds amazing and I love this kind of folky type songs which you don't really hear anymore. Has a bit of early Bowie about it too.
Lovely playing all round. Like those chord progressions. Great guitar, piano and strings. You have a distinct voice too which I really like.
Nice one,

Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.