"T.O.o.B.E.o.T.A (Raga)" *(original by Osckilo & Geir)

Started by Geir, June 05, 2009, 04:18:11 PM

Geir

T.O.o.B.E.o.T.A (Raga)_livemix
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Ok this will be like releasing a single the same day as the Beatles !! So much good music .. WOW ... ....

Osckilo sent me this intriguing guitar-riff that has some strange qualities. Is sounds familiar yet strange ... it gives a hint of a 9th chord maybe ... without the 3rd ... hmmmm  ..... Well anyway Wednesday at my lunchbreak I sat down in my car .... had the lyrics half done that morning as a kinda stream of consciousness ...... recorded the vox with my mbr ...

the rest was added yesterday except the backing vox which was done tonight

I'm sure Osckilo will add a story if we ask him nicely  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

This is "T.O.o.B.E.o.T.A (Raga)"  :
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

SE

Vocal to die for really interesting a lot going on keeps the attention all the way through, just excellent work from all involved.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Bluesberry

T.O.t.A.L.l.Y  Y.e.S.S.s.S.s.S.S.S.s. This is not a single, this is the deep meaty middle of an album where the real great stuff lives.  I LOVE that guitar Geir.  Great, strange rhythm track from T.

Do you have security at your work that check cars in the parking lot at lunch hour?  It must have looked funny If anyone saw you singing into a small silver box.  Good use of your time, it is so hard to get the time to work on anything properly.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

launched

Wow - I haven't felt this particular vibe since "The End" by the Doors. Goosebumps and everything!!

That is impressive vocal work, and I'll also have to say that Osckilo impresses more and more!!

Very big, guys!!!

Mark
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Oldrottenhead

osckilo sent me this and i couldnt come up with a lyric for it. hats off to you geir

i'm getting  a wire vibe, the band not the tv series.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Satchwood

Far flippin out guys!! - serious concept original creation!!

Very intriguing music here guys!!!  and Geir's vox just sound great!!!
www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Geir

Thank you gentlemen for your kind words!!

This was a really exiting song to do. I must admit that when I heard Osckilos guitar I thought "how can I possibly come up with something to that rhythm?" but encouraged by all the great music and support that this place flows over with I went for that stream of consciousness approach that ORH have proven successful on many occasions.  And it worked!!

I wanted to keep that "strange" mood that the guitar gave me and that meant singing and playing in some kinda pentatonic scale without the 3rd.  I think it worked out fairly well and I'm very glad for your compliments on my singing. I think it may be the best I've done so far, at least the one I'm most pleased with.

Ok ... that's it for now ... gotta get some sleep .. I'll get back to you all tomorrow, if time permits !!

BUT BIG THANKS TO T(Osckilo) for this collab! He started it !! And I feel privileged to be a part of his/their music.

Peace T !!!
Quote from: osckilo on June 05, 2009, 04:36:39 PM

This is your track G!!!!!
Wouldn't be it without your spark !!
And if I was lucky enough to be in that picture, I'd be sitting next to you !!

cheers!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

QuoteOk ... that's it for now ... gotta get some sleep .. I'll get back to you all tomorrow, if time permits !!
aha!!!!!!!!! he isnae a vampire efter awe.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann