"T.O.o.B.E.o.T.A (Raga)" *(original by Osckilo & Geir)

Started by Geir, June 05, 2009, 04:18:11 PM

Geir

Quote from: oldrottenhead on June 05, 2009, 05:46:47 PM
QuoteOk ... that's it for now ... gotta get some sleep .. I'll get back to you all tomorrow, if time permits !!
aha!!!!!!!!! he isnae a vampire efter awe.
Shut up old man ! isn't it bedtime for you ?????????????????? !!! ;D

well cheers then  .... one more ... maybe not ...... oh well .... cheers .... aaahhhhh ...
wun more ... chairs ...  - .,.m,-df p

SKÅL !!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

OsCKilO

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR
OsCKilO websites:  weebly.com  MySpace  SoundClick  ReverbNation
OsCKilO Albums:  "Masks"  "Easy London"

Also on Twitter for Live stuff..
Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

OsCKilO

Quote from: Geir on June 05, 2009, 05:43:49 PMThank you gentlemen for your kind words!!

This was a really exiting song to do. I must admit that when I heard Osckilos guitar I thought "how can I possibly come up with something to that rhythm?" but encouraged by all the great music and support that this place flows over with I went for that stream of consciousness approach that ORH have proven successful on many occasions.  And it worked!!

I wanted to keep that "strange" mood that the guitar gave me and that meant singing and playing in some kinda pentatonic scale without the 3rd.  I think it worked out fairly well and I'm very glad for your compliments on my singing. I think it may be the best I've done so far, at least the one I'm most pleased with.

Ok ... that's it for now ... gotta get some sleep .. I'll get back to you all tomorrow, if time permits !!

BUT BIG THANKS TO T(Osckilo) for this collab! He started it !! And I feel privileged to be a part of his/their music.

Peace T !!!
Quote from: osckilo on June 05, 2009, 04:36:39 PM

This is your track G!!!!!
Wouldn't be it without your spark !!
And if I was lucky enough to be in that picture, I'd be sitting next to you !!

cheers!!

We threw it your way because you are crazy enough to make sense of it!
Amazing job G!
We laid down seven tracks of guitar to get that Raga Feel!!!!
You laid down one and a sublime vocal to set it off into something special!!!!

Thank you for collaborating with us!

We reached a block with this track,  and you solved the problem.....
This is what this site is about!

Peace as always G!

Are you sure you aint in the picture!?!?!!

OSCKILO

Oh....

Your Guitar was something else!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Divert and sublimate your anger and potentially virulent emotions to creative energy

Bosko Schwartz

;D :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o ;D

Oh, man.  What to say, what to say.  First, the music.  Just about as fantastic as dreamy music gets.  So many layered guitars, keyboards, sounds, so lush, so rich, so much creating an entire world in your head.  You get completely lost in it.

Then, Geir's vocal.  How do you create something like this sitting in your f-ing car on your f-ing lunch break?  Are you f-ing KIDDING me???  Stream of concsiousness?  What is with you people?  It takes me DAYS to write lyrics, and mine suck.  And you go and create this shit out of the thin air.  Just a superb performance.

Excellent, excellent work, all round, gentleman.  This one is a keeper.  Should be played in every cafe and every book store and every museum and every pub in the world.  Beautiful! ;D
www.myspace.com/thestanlaurels
www.soundclick.com/thestanlaurels
www.facebook.com/thestanlaurels

SdC

Sounds like you really enjoyed your space trip geir! Great great stuff!

recorder
Boss BR-600

Flash Harry

Stunning. Beautiful and inspiring and - I've got to listen to it again right now.

Love to you guys. It's far out.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

OsCKilO

i keep hearing more and more magic bits that G added to this.

G , you really went to town on this one!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Facemask93

This surpasses all that has gone before it , quite sublime , has a hint of that old rascal ROY HARPER , and he is GOD in my tiny mind , wonderful simply wonderful

Facemask93

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

"All along the ancient wastes the thin reflections spin,
that gather all the times and tides at once we love within."
 - Roy Harper

Oldrottenhead

stream of thought rules...............................ok.................................ya bass............................vambo.................................vambo....................................vambo...............................vambo................................
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann