Us Two (Hilary)

Started by Hilary, June 30, 2021, 02:43:04 AM

Hilary

Us Two
Time:
0:00
Volume:
1 track uke & voice (LitLR)

No electric guitars, drums or strings just me playing the piano badly trying to write a love song.

Enjoy!

Us Two

I've got a button bracelet
A pretty mother-of-pearl button bracelet
And every single button on the bracelet
Reminds me of me and you
Reminds me of you and me

And I feel lucky
So very lucky to wear that bracelet
Every single minute of every single day
And I feel lucky
Oh so lucky to wear that bracelet
As a reminder of our love together
You and me
Me and you
You and I
Us two
(is that even grammatically correct, I don't know . . . )

A pretty mother-of pearl button bracelet
And every single button on that bracelet
Is a reminder of my love for you
A reminder of me and you
A reminder of us two

And I feel lucky
So very lucky to wear that bracelet
Every single minute of every single day

A pretty mother-of-pearl button bracelet
Every single button on that bracelet
Is a reminder of my love for you
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

maxit

You can try to diminish it as you want lol , but this remains a pretty good mother of pearl bracelet of a song
recorder
Audacity

tonyc

another great song and lyrics hilary , and love the piano playing superb listen ......cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Ray Brookes

Pretty little song, Hilary and that simple accompaniment works perfectly.
Ray Brookes

Johnbee

Adorable.  You can hear it comes straight from your heart.
 :) John B

StephenM

lol...I was reading the lyrics thinking you weren't actually going to say that ...but you did...

love your singing on this...If I were listening and didn't know a bit about you I would have to guess maybe you were in your 20's by your voice...I dunno...maybe the music keeps us young...

mother of pearl buttons...oh yes...lovely... they make mother of pearl thingys for guitars... do you really wear the bracelet all day every day?  Would like to hear more about how it came into being...if you care to share that...if not I understand...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

SE

First off great writing and performance, quirky, heartfelt and cool and yes what a great recording, what mic are you using sounds great.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Ferryman_1957

A very touching love song and a really effective LITLR performance, the balance of vox and piano is nice on this one. It's definitely a pearl of a song, and I hope your partner appreciates it (assuming it's autobiographical....... ;))

Hilary

Thanks for all the lovely comments.

I used the onboard mics on the BR80 and  just turned it upside down to be nearer my face (technical recording tips guys!)

I don't want to spoil the magic but the bracelet is from M&S and holds no sentimental value (I've probably only worn it once or twice) - it is pretty though!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Bishmanrock

Lovely song, I can never quite put my finger on why but I always have a soft spot for tracks like this, think guitar/drums/strings would've taken away from the appeal and feel of the track to be honest, I think it's great as-is

Quote from: Hilary on July 01, 2021, 05:27:28 AMI used the onboard mics on the BR80 and  just turned it upside down to be nearer my face (technical recording tips guys!)

Always enjoy little recording stories like this, sometimes the best solutions are the ones you have to hand!

recorder
Cubase