Isn't It A Pity by George Harrison (Beatles Fest)

Started by BerryPatch, June 28, 2021, 09:55:43 PM

BerryPatch

Isn't It A Pity
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Beatles2021 (banner image missing)

Beautiful track from George with a great wall-of-sound production to it. I had most of this track recorded in January, and thankfully Beatles Fest was right around the corner on this site for me to finally get it finished. Started recording on Bandlab, just getting the basic keys down until it became a bit glitchy so I ended up putting it on the good old BR 1200. This was probably my first time trying to record using the electric drum kit and I think it turned out decently for that. I slavered this in ridiculous amounts of reverb so bare with me here...enjoy...

Godin Acoustic
Korg Digital Piano
Fender Stratocaster
Sterling Ray 25 CA Bass
Roland E Drum Kit
Garageband organ
Mellotron App
Sm 58 mic
Mixed on BR 1200

64Guitars

Nice job. The drums sound great, and I love the guitar solo.  %)!

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

StephenM

for me this is like a combination of David Gilmour and Roger Waters singing a George Harrison song....this is another incredible recording Mr. Berry.... I like the reverb on here...and the backing vocals are like totally WOWWEE!!!
the piano reminds me of a great Supertramp extravaganza...

I think this is just totally fantastic and professional...well done...I suppose that I never heard a George Harrison song I didn't like...I will admit I never heard that many except the ones played on the radio. 
love the guitar work or here...omgosh...that is so good..the feel and the execution is special

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Greeny

George's best song, IMO. You've covered it lovingly and with huge talent. Everything sounds perfectly balanced and considered. Wonderful tone on the solo especially, and the harmonies & layered backing vocals are gorgeous. The reverb definitely works. Fab stuff!

Hook

Dude, you are one talented guy. This is outstanding in every way, totally engrossing. well done.
Rock on!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

kenny mac

Love everything about this.
The productions great and your vocal fits like a glove.
Bravo.

TPB

We did a collab of this song earlier and had a blast doing it your rendition is spot on well done
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

cuthbert

Beautiful job on this, Keith. I agree, it's one of George's best songs, and you paid nice attention to the details.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Bishmanrock

Loving the layering of the sounds, think the reverb ties it together. Also agree that it has a bit of a Gilmour/Waters hint about it. Great work.

recorder
Cubase