Painting the Town_Max & Greeny

Started by maxit, June 22, 2021, 05:40:41 AM

maxit

Painting the Town_Max & Greeny
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Last week I bought a squire stratocaster, cause I felt a little in need of an electric guitar ... I asked Tim help to try it in the shortest time in a song, and that's the outcome. uh don't get excited bunch of rockers/long hairs LoL, aint no clapton here: a brand new set of colours, Tim says ...

Painting the Town

the twilight is a deep shade of blue
i can feel it in my bones
all the way down main street
neon coming on
silently the tables turn
like a blessing or a curse

we are saint aflame
alchemists with magic in the game

painting the town
with a brand you set of colours you can tell
painting the town
we'll decorate this night
painting the town
if it feels alright

we are saint aflame

we started out on rock and pop
but now we've hit a jazzy mood
and we're looking for a diner
beer and greasy food
there's a bar right down the street
where they play chicago blues
then get mellow in the small hours
bourbon in a leather booth
just for you
if your aim is true

we are saint aflame

painting the town
painting the town
painting the town
if it feels alright
recorder
Audacity

maxit

even the bass you hear in the song is a fender (precision), but is a VST. only the guitar is 'real', this one
recorder
Audacity

Ferryman_1957

A lovely song, some really nice chord changes and I enjoyed the change when you brought the strings in. A nice change of style with (of course) a great vocal from Tim over the top.

Just one minor thing - the guitar sounded a bit middly/muffled to me. Maybe that's the sound you were going for? 

TPB

now that is what I call one smooth song this has ticked all my boxes well done by all
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

maxit

Nigel then I have to tell you the story: that smartass clerk plugged the cheap guitar in the best fender ampli they ever had at the shop, for me to try. That's not the sound you hear LoL, but the sound of the guitar plugged directly in the mic jack of the PC. I've tried to turn up the tone wheel but nothing: muffled. I think I'll have to buy a focusrite interface (do I have to?)
recorder
Audacity

Ferryman_1957

Quote from: maxit on June 22, 2021, 12:53:03 PMNigel then I have to tell you the story: that smartass clerk plugged the cheap guitar in the best fender ampli they ever had at the shop, for me to try. That's not the sound you hear LoL, but the sound of the guitar plugged directly in the mic jack of the PC. I've tried to turn up the tone wheel but nothing: muffled. I think I'll have to buy a focusrite interface (do I have to?)
:o That would explain it  ;) I would suggest you might want to get something to make it sound like it's played through an amp. Do you have a DAW on your PC? Some of them have software amps and effects for guitars (mine does). But you will need an audio interface I think to connect to a DAW on the PC. But of you have a MicroBR or any kind of BR series recorder, you can use the guitar effects on those.....

BerryPatch

A true beauty of a song...and I really do mean that! Love those chords, the superbly visual lyrics and the track especially hits heights when those strings come in. It's like the whole sky opened up for a second there...

hardlock

Very nice song! Man can Tim sing and always top shelf lyrics!

I run my guitars/keyboard/drums into my BR for recording and effects.  Then transfer the wav files via memory card to the PC for editing in Audacity.

I looked up PC interfaces for guitar and see that even Walmart has a $10 one:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Guitar-to-USB-Interface-Link-Cable-Adapter-Audio-Connector-Recorder-for-PC-Computer/695945621

Have no idea of quality however. Prices go up from there. :P
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Farrell Jackson

A real good song and a very enjoyable listen! The song just rolls along on a smooth road, start to finish. New guitars/toys do get the creative juices flowing...well done on the guitar chords and playing Maxit. You do need some sort of amp simulation to bring out all the tones of your new guitar though. Great vocals and lyric (loved the new colors reference) Tim. A fine collaboration guys!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

godinqc

Great song .. great vocals and playing .. very enjoyable ..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800