It's So Good To See You

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, June 18, 2021, 09:02:47 AM

Hello
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi all, still raining, can't go out, gotta play indoors.    Hope you enjoy       Willie

Fender Tim Armstrong, GarageBand Pads

Well Hello
Fancy seeing you again
I recognised although you've changed
You were my first love
And I thought I would die

But hello
It's so good to see you
And I survived
Without loving you
Or am I lying to myself once again
'Cos here comes the pain

They say that time
Heals a broken heart
But it just hurts more
The longer we're apart

Instrumental

You were my first love
And I thought I would die
But Hello
It's so good to see you
But Hello
It's so good to see you

recorder
Boss BR-800

Frank53

A beautifully sad song, Willie. Well written and performed in your inimitable style.
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Mike_S

You tell a great story in song Willie. A long lost love, I'd say a few of us can relate to this. Beautifully played...

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

Willie....another great song... it has a Moody Blues in the 60's vibe feel...with the newer tech sounds on the gear...
once again...you are a pop star in my world...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ferryman_1957

I love the feel of this one Willie and the focus on the guitar. There's some lovely chord changes in there and the guitar melody work is superb. I really like the change in pace and the lack of percussion works really well. It's a really great song, one of my faves of your recent work.

Kenneth

Easy does it.. sounds glorious.
Great tune Willie.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

BerryPatch

Beautiful melodies abound! Love the arrangement here and the lyric/vocals. It's such a small factor, but those plucked harmonics really make this track sing...

TPB

Flows like silk got to have my Willie jangle at least once a week and this did not disappoint
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

maxit

another simple but extraordinary song. I like each one of the few words LoL, they go straight to the heart ... 
recorder
Audacity

Johnbee

Beautiful 12 string work.
Great tune but would benefit with a bit of bass.
 :) John B