i just don't care by oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, June 05, 2009, 01:56:45 PM

Sprocket

Quote from: oldrottenhead on June 05, 2009, 03:37:50 PMjust me barchording

You know, thats not even obvious...it just sounds so good and the tone is nice, reminds me of "the Fixx" and some 80s style Strat. Very cool, nice and simple...I really think its a great song.

Geir

Oh RottenHead ...  but we care !! We think this is just great!!
We say cheers !!
With a BARE
Beer

salute my friend, this was a pleasant surprise on a Friday night!! Very 80s, but in a good way!!

fmgwawb
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

cheers geir
QuoteWith a BARE
bring me one over when you come to scotland. and i will introduce you to some scottish delicacies.

water you can drink from a tap.
barrs irn bru in a glass bottle
belhavens best
heather beer
single malt whiskey (one variety for every 2 people in scotland, hunners)
oor wullie and the broons
fresh roasted tories on a spit
potted heid (yuk i hate that)
queen scallops on a bed of spinach drizzled with balsamic vinegar. and shown to a candle for 10 seconds . yum yum yum.
i could go on.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SE

Ive listened to alot of your work collabs and JK but I,ve got to say this is really speical and I enjoyed it a lot, rocky, edgey and somthing I would listen to a lot, right in my listening zone.
Did,nt mention tattie scones wae black puddin and broon sauce.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Oldrottenhead

there is a tapas bar in the west end of glasgow that does black pudding with and apple chutney, it is to die for.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

SE

Now yer talk,in my man I,ll be doon their the morra tae sample the scran
recorder
Boss BR-80

Satchwood

Wow, after getting back from the Tilted Kilt today at lunch time for some imitation Scottish food (cheese steak scottish style).....I want to hear more about what "real" scottish food and brew is like!  :o

You can drink your water out of the tap?  Wow, haven't done that in quite some time.......livin in Phoenix, the water is never really cold....in the summer it comes out of the tap warm  :P

I want to hear more of your original stuff ORH!!

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

64Guitars

Quote from: oldrottenhead on June 05, 2009, 03:37:50 PMjust me barchording and relying on feedback and the unexpected harmonics of wot happened during experiment.

Great guitar tone Jim, but I don't hear any feedback. I've always loved the use of controlled feedback in guitar playing. Of course, the pioneer and master of controlled feedback was Jimi Hendrix. Have a listen to "Machine Gun" from Band of Gypsys (especially from about 2:30).

Another example I've always loved is Terry Kath's "Free Form Guitar" sound experiment from the Chicago Transit Authority album (1969).

I used to use feedback a lot back in the 70s and 80s. I found that I usually got better sounds when I played with my back to the amp. If you face the amp, you tend to get a lot of high-pitched squeals that aren't very musical. Of course, you need lots of gain from the guitar, and the amp cranked. A whammy bar helps to manipulate the feedback in some really cool ways. And you'll notice in the Band of Gypsys video that Hendrix tapped the back of the headstock and neck to induce feedback too. There are a lots of little tricks you can learn by experimenting.

Finally, I found this video on YouTube which shows another way of getting feedback by using a small, battery operated amp.

I happen to have one of those Marshall practice amps, except mine is the double stack one. I'll have to give that a try sometime.  :)

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Oldrottenhead

QuoteI want to hear more of your original stuff ORH!!
go to www.soundclick.com/thebunkbeds and scroll down there is a lot of stff there
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

Fantastic!

It sounds SO LOUD!!!!!!!!!

I bet your neighbours love you, you old rocker!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.