Don't Stop - a Ferryman and Kenny Mac collab for New Wave fest

Started by Ferryman, June 04, 2021, 01:32:05 PM

Ferryman

DontStop
Time:
0:00
Volume:
NewWaveStyle (banner image missing)

Here's another version of the new wave backer that I did, this time with some vocals, guitar and strings (yes, strings!) additions from Kenny. He took this in a completely different direction to the other two versions that I've posted so far. He added an awesome rhythm guitar track which I tried to "flange up" into a John McGeoch type sound, and it really drives the track in a different direction. And of course there's a superb vocal as well.

Enjoy!

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Hilary

Crikey this is good isn't it with an absolutely blooming stunning vocal.

Wow!
recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

StephenM

wow... for me this has a Cars vibe big time..especially in the verses.... the chourus i finally believed it was the track you made Nigel...

it's another cool take... and another for my thumb drive....thanks....fellas...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

ODH

Belter of a vocal and belter of a track. The guitar adds kind of take it into War era U2 territory to my ears.

Well done both. What a fascinating exercise this is.

Nick
 :)
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Blooby

Man, this is good. It has so much forward propulsion. Love the the Duran Duran-like flange (I can honestly say I would never string that sentence together). Great music and vocals.

Stellar.

Blooby

Ted

I'm hearing a lot of influences here. But... Am I wrong if I'm hearing a dash of Duran Duran?
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Ferryman

Quote from: Ted on June 07, 2021, 06:40:40 AMI'm hearing a lot of influences here. But... Am I wrong if I'm hearing a dash of Duran Duran?
Well, it actually started out as a backer based on The Edge playing in The Cure, although the bass line is pretty classic 80s in its sound and feel. Kenny took this in a different direction. I think his wonderful vocal has a hint of Le Bon about it, so I hope he takes that as a compliment...... ;)

BTW there are two other versions up (one with ORH and one with Greeny), each with a different feel.

recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ray Brookes

I can hear several influences in this track and what a fabulous collab. Excellent vocal from Kenny and stellar guitar work. Love some of those chord changes and the whole production is superb. Great work, guys.
Ray Brookes

Nelson

Killer collab guys
Digging those vocals in the chorus and I love the over all energy.
The soundscape feels full but not cluttered

Totally groovy from start to finish
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600