Puppet Show - (Original V.2)

Started by Saijinn Maas, June 05, 2009, 05:31:24 AM

AndyR

I like this one - I think I missed the first version.

Everything's working on this - structure, lyrics, vocal delivery, guitar/bass/drums... :)

And I like this: "but I ended up cutting it because it just sounded like too much" - I think that's one of the hardest things for us to learn...
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

(Studio 68c 6x6)
   All that I need
Is just a piece of paper
To say a few lines
Make up my mind
So she can read it later
When I'm gone

- BRM Gibb

AndyR is on

The Shoebox Demos Vol 1
FAWM 2022 Demos
Remasters Vol 1

Ferryman_1957

I think this is indeed an improvement over the original version. I'd still be tempted to push the guitar a bit higher, and the drums are a tad dominant for me, but the vox are a lot better and I love your bass sound. Overall, it's still a really strong song and a bit different, which is good to hear.

Cheers,

Nigel

Greeny

There are some great enhancements here. The vocals are very much improved, and the overall vibe and production are wonderful.  I'd have the left-panned guitar more prominent, but that's just me. This is a very strong song!

Saijinn Maas

Wow...  I didn't realize the guitars were as low as they were in the mix. When I first mixed it, I used my headphone and a set of external monitors. Both sounded like the guitar was too loud, so I adjusted. After seeing your comments, I listened to it in my car (I've found that I have the best sounds over all my other headphones and monitors) and you were definitely right. Guitars are too low. :/

Looks like I'll be using my car stereo system to evaluate final mixes from now on. heh Of course, There will probably be one more version as I was reminded of a missing solo. :/ I can't have that. First, I have to let my fingers heal. I cut the tips of fingers this weekend and I haven't been able to play much. :/

Thanks everyone who took the time to give some solid feedback ;)

Ferryman_1957

Funny isn't it - there's always one set of audio gear that's just right for evaluating the "radio mix". I'm just the same - if I mix on just the Sennheisers, it's never quite right on poorer gear.

Hope the fingers are better soon....

Cheers,

Nigel

Rockatron

Are your fingers better dude?!  ???  What a sad thing to not play given cuts! 
recorder
Boss BR-80

"Play, just play..."

Saijinn Maas

They weren't too bad. Most of them are healed enough to play, except for a deep one on my index and middle finger of my picking hand. Makes it hard to hold onto a pick to pluck. :/

Worst injury to have for a guitar player... aside from the time I broke my hand.

Hoping it'll be better enough, by the end of the week, to finish the song I was working on when it happened.

Black Mary

Wow fantastic song. Love the vocal style. Seedy & sinister sounding tune. I've just joined Songcrafters this week so am catching up on all these hidden gems. Is there a playlist on here to vote for your fav songs? I'd be voting for this one if so. Fine work my friend
kingliggermusic

Ted

Black Mary: What a fine public service you've done.  I missed this one originally.

Saijinn: This is really nice, tense, and controlled.  I actually like how the drums are dominant. Just say you meant it that way, and don't worry about the remix.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

SE

Missed this one too exceptional,loved it!!!!
recorder
Boss BR-80