Kandy No

Started by StephenM, May 20, 2021, 06:57:23 PM

StephenM

LANDR-steve moore - New Project (original) (11)-Balanced-Medium
Time:
0:00
Volume:
NewWaveStyle (banner image missing)

the les paul was not plugged in at all...just mic d on the zoom recorder in stereo...and there are several tracks there...the bass was plugged in the zoom... and the voices done in zoom...drums are alesis nitro
keyboard attempts are on bandlab... all the rest mixed on the zoom...mastered on LANDR...
I will post lyrics later...
kind of a tribute... you can probably guess to who... and kind of a tribute to a time period of music...late 70's early 80's...one of my favorites of music...I just really liked the guitars and synthesizers and crazy singing... and rock...

New Wave fest submission

Life's not the same, I'm not moving in stereo.  All shook up, bye, bye love.
Don't seem the same when Ben's not here.  I dance all night, thoughts of my best friends girl.
Kandy no, Kandy no, I don't need you.  Kandy no, Kandy no.  I need you!

You don't have to abuse me no more, cuz I ain't tryin to even the score!
Jacobs ladder,, Roxanne, goo goo monsters.  Crawlin from a dark Scottish loch.

Kandy no, Kandy no, I don't need you.  Kandy no, Kandy no.  I need you!
Jacobs ladder,, Roxanne, goo goo monsters.  Crawlin from a dark Scottish loch.

I miss the way you rock me, i don't care.  I miss the way you pump me up, i don't care. 
Life's not the same I'm not moving in stereo.  I'm all shook up, bye, by love
it don't seem the same cuz your not here Ben, Ric....
dance all night to thoughts of my best friends girlfriend.
Kandy no.....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Redler

This hits the target perfectly, Stephen! You've created authentic late 70's new wave vibe, the keyboard works fine and unplugged les paul, really cool idea!!

Listened to this twice, great entry to the fest!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ferryman_1957

Nice work Steve, you really captured the feel of the Cars (and the early 80s New Wave) in this one, both in the sounds and the production. Clever lyrics, a really catchy song and a great listen that took me back to those happy days.

ODH

Loose and free and liberating. And compelling and fidgety. All the things I like.

Thanks I enjoyed that

Nick
 :)
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

kenny mac

Thanks Stephen.
That was just what I needed.

Kenneth

Long lost Cars demo?
You always have interesting ideas and mixes Steve. I like the unique recording and style that is your own...yet you captured a time in your song capsule. Very cool.
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Mike_S

Loads of creativity here. You show no fear and break into new ground in a lot of your music. Lots of great noises and yes there is a touch of The Cars which is no mean feat. Good stuff.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

This is great Stephen, very experimental in your work process. You've got that sound of the era just right, excellent guitar sound and loved the organs in the background. Love the lyrics and vocals too. :) Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

tonyc

loads going on here steve , im getting as others a cars type theme song , sounds great i to use a zoom 16 track recorder , but have never used the in built mic's , might try them now .  brill song cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

thetworegs

Loving this Steve like a compressed trip waiting to explode on the brain cells .... excellent! 

If Life is a dream then use your imagination