Bluesy..but Country

Started by Jean Pierre, May 06, 2021, 12:01:42 AM

Jean Pierre

BLUESY COUNTRY TRY 5 .RENDER MP3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Max (Maxit) sent me a compo and asked me some notes. It's a song in finger picking, with piano and bongo

..which I did first Dobro guitar, then harmonica, then mandolin, then banjo and his BLUESY compo became..COUNTRY BLUESY :D

Damn!...but what song does this nice compo remind me of?..I searched my musical memories..and I found COLOURS by Donovan

so as a quote I added some lyrics from this song
QuoteYellow is the color of my true love's hair,
In the morning, when we rise,
In the morning, when we rise.
That's the time, that's the time,
I love the best.

On the other hand the melody is simple and pretty and if someone could put lyrics it would be good, notice to the amateurs...it is a challenge!

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Jean Pierre

Ouch!...I just realized ,while listening again , that I had said green's  the color of my true love hair! "(instead of yellow)

...she's a little PUNK my girlfriend !!  ;D ;D ;D
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

TPB

Nice jam I like this very much if you all do not mind I may try some lyrics' with this  as I love the general feel of the music
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Jean Pierre

For me it is with pleasure Tim
   if Max agrees I send you his finguer picking guitar track it will be easier to place a melody

maxit

Of course yes Tim , please ! Ps but i was getting used to the green hair lol
recorder
Audacity

Mike_S

Yeah good stuff lads. To me the first thing I think of is cowboys and the old wild west. I can imagine a few cowboys sitting round at sunset playing something along these lines. Great to hear all those old authentic sounds. Super stuff.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Jean Pierre

it's true Mike, it makes me think of Return to Cold Mo
untain where there was a lot of music
I could have used images of this kind for the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHZ4kgOzpyU

maxit

On my side, the song is similar to Mandolin Wind by Rod Stewart, surely I had it in mind somehow (the hands tend to go to things they know ;- ).
recorder
Audacity

Jean Pierre

I didn't know this Rod Stewart song, it's true,  it's similar...but different ; ;D after all,  all the songs that turn on 3 chords are a bit similar

I liked the live version of Mandolin wind...so I think I'll add a mandolin chorus   ;)

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Nice song, I'm getting that country & western , cowboy feel too. Great music and playing, nice vocals. Good collaboration.  Darren.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.