'Merrie Olde England' - Greeny Original

Started by Greeny, April 27, 2021, 09:25:31 AM

Geir

You never stop impressing me Tim.

At first hear some Harrison with a touch of Lennon, and after reading the other comments yes: Kinks. But it's all Greeny when cooked together.

Great sounds you've dialed in, and a great performance as usual !!

I'm a fan!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

I can only echo what the others have said. It's another cracking I've heard from you, they've all been excellent. You write good songs, musically and lyrically. And I like your vocals. Really great song. ( luvely jubbly). :)
Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Bluesberry

awesome and atmospheric ... tinged with decay .... is everything really all going to hell? and why does is all sound so damn good?

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

BerryPatch

Love this one. Great riff, and awesome set of lyrics. I think I agree with Ferryman as it's like a cross between a Village Green track and something off the Bends or maybe an R.E.M. album. Brilliant, layered production and sun drenched harmonies. A real winner for sure

WarpCanada

>  couldn't organise a chook raffle.

That's a sick burn.

Chook is distinctive Aussie slang right?   One of my favorite movies, Muriel's Wedding has a character a moronic jock ("Chav" in British slang, I think) named "Chook".

Around here in British Columbia, we'd say BJ is a "few sandwiches short of a picnic".

Great song Greeny.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

StephenM

cool song Tim...very cool music and singing...and I would add that if you read the news France has some big troubles too...but I think every where does...tough to find sound leadership these days (imo)...
yes...the lyrics have a few things I don't know but I sure could get the gist of it....hoping for the best for England and all of europe...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Mike_S

Great tune here... it's packs a real punch, that sinister melody is great and totally suits those brilliant lyrics. Loving the way you mash up old world imagery with modern day lines too, like that 1st verse painting the scene of old Shakespearean England suddenly being jolted to reality with the "listening to 45s " line. Very cool.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Redler

Nice start for the new day! Just brilliant songwriting and performance...yes, very British music. Sweet!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR