"Love That One Can Find" a Hook original

Started by Hook, April 27, 2021, 06:37:00 AM

Hook

Love That One Can Find
Time:
0:00
Volume:
so I wrote this one on my Merlin which is like an Appalachian Mountain Dulcimer in guitar form.

I used the irig pickup and amplitude app for delay. Bass is my A/e, drums are garageband. There is some animoog app and TC performer app (that's the lingering sounds at the end, it's through the whole tune and is a super fun app). The electric guitar solo is the thumbjam app. Also used the new condenser mic.
1  Merlin (stereo)
1 bass
1 drums (stereo)
1 TC-performer app(stereo)
1 animoog app(stereo)
1 electric guitar solo (stereo)
1 vocal (stereo)
Love That One Can Find
written & performed by Hook
I didn't hear that voice
Until it was much too late
You've got to make a choice
Regret That is the part I hate

Now I'm second guessing
Every choice I have to make
Each path I have to take
Memories are reminders
Of what's at stake

How fragile it is
& how easily it can break
a sliver of a crack can shatter
leaving behind the fragments
That will never fit
together again

I'm sure the possibilities
Of Alternate realities
Endless infinities
Recklessly
I'll barrel through
the most delicate moments
wrapped in the thinnest kind
Of love that one can find

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

SE

Great vocal first off, but I,m loving the Dulcimer, some really inventive stuff going on, excellent stuff!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Greeny

So many disparate elements that could be chaotic but somehow you control and guide them with real confidence and panache. Absolutely impossible to categorise apart from the fact it's classic Hook. There are bits that sound reversed and give a slight psychedelic feel. Love how that guitar solo announces itself. I'm quite a fan of that animoog app - some great sounds on tap. Rock on!

Mike_S

Loads of creativity here. You always seem to try new things and have no fear with the creative process. Shit, that highly processed guitar was unexpected - touches of Steve Howe!. Damn, another cool tune Hook.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

highly creative...innovative...and it's really cool that often you record in a car...this is a fantastical song journey from the lyrics that one can only wonder the circumstances leading up to these, the little guitar thingy....and all the psych 80's lofty keyboard sounds in the upper back....and the lead...wow...plus your singing is delghtful and it's all to a great beat too....
I was looking at your list one day...stunning....and likely the folks in your life mostly have no idea how really talented you are...beautiful stuff...but I can tell...you are kind of like one of those folks that Rush sang about on Subdivisions..... you don't fit any mold....and you don't conform to others fantasies of what you should be....the world needs more people willing to be themselves no matter the cost...I applaude you!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Kenneth

Very cool track Hook. I'm another fan of that lead guitar, almost shocks you...
Brilliant!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Nelson

Yes sir still doing your own thing and still sounding marvelous doing it.
Such a strong vocal performance... reminds of Sammy Davis Jr.
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Farrell Jackson

Hook, your vocal is so cool and warm at the same time! I like the sound of the Merlin...you've created some magic with it :o)
I love how the electric guitar solo burst upon the scene! I don't know how you come up with this stuff but I'm glad you do!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Redler

Is there any any instrument you can't play?? Fine work as always. Rock on!!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Holy Tom Morello bud that solo sounded awesome! I sought a post of yours to see how you are doing, this is really good, I love it

You the man!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover