Miss Lovely Eyes

Started by T.C. Elliott, April 20, 2021, 04:43:44 PM

des0free

Nice song and production.  Really cool idea to reduce drum sound to 8-bit (via decimation by a certain vst?) to produce a unique kind of fuzz/distortion.  Love the lead guitar part (and tone).  I think the flanging works well on the guitar, but I would like to hear a version with/without it on the vocal for comparison.
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

launched

Yes, I'm glad I caught this one! A well played melody and agree the drum part works great with the guitar work. Flanger is so nice with the vocal tracks and brings it out in the mix perfectly.

You done good here!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Mike_S

I think it's a great song. Love your vocal... it carries a lot of feeling. That a lovely little lead guitar motif at the beginning and end too. Super stuff.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman_1957

Great work TC, I love the percussion, that's very effective. Th flanging is definitely a bit unsettling, it works well and you haven't lost the impact of the vocals, and I like the way the chorus vocals are clean. Nice contrast there. I liked the nice distorted melodic lead lines as well, they fit really well over the acoustic.

There's a lot of really clever touches in this one that make it a very compelling and enjoyable listen. Very well done indeed!

hardlock

Got here late but this song was worth the wait! Very eclectic style composition keeps you on edge. Really like what you've done here! 8)

recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

tonyc

great tune love the vocal panning , nice lyrics , and dig the drum sound ,.......cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

thetworegs

Love the beginning as it leads into your vocal those drums really set the song up excellent track

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

BerryPatch

Cool indietronica vibe throughout here with the bit crushed drum pattern and synth-guitar sounding lead. The chorus really lifts as well, and of course, your voice is the icing on the cake.

Bluesberry

Really strong song...well done...that chorus does indeed soar and it really takes the song along ..... I love the way everything sounds....fantastic

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Zoltan

I really love the contrast between the 8-bit crushed drum sounds and the warmer elements of the mix. The choruses are catchy and memorable. Great playing & vocals. Here's for Miss Lovely Eyes!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper