'Weightless' - Max & Greeny Original

Started by Greeny, April 17, 2021, 06:16:06 AM

Greeny

Weightless_Max and Greeny
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Impossible to put a genre on this  ::)

Max will have to explain where the classical influence comes (or was stolen!  ;D) from. It felt like a challenge at first to put words to something like this, but it evolved in quite an easy / natural way in the end.

Max gave me piano, acoustic guitar and orchestration. I added vocals and a little guitar solo part (MiM Strat).

It's quite 'different'  ;D

'Weightless'

it's so heavy, man
there's such a cost
weighed-down in the moment
but with motorways to cross
from favelas
to the mirrors in versailles
we are merely travellers
passing through this life

but one day you will find
you're suspended in time
a bubble in the stream
in the dust-mote light
nirvana attained
in the bus stop rain
a scene from a dream
where your freeze-frame mind
is weightless
so weightless

here we go
in slo-mo
adrift in zero gravity
astronauts in our own home
in a sea of zero gravity

but one day you will find
you're suspended in time
a bubble in the stream
in the dust-mote light
nirvana attained
in the bus stop rain
a scene from a dream
where your freeze-frame mind
is weightless
so weightless

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

StephenM

lets see... I'm genre fluid so genre is not a concern for me... sorry...couldn't resist... oh...this reminds of a Paul McCartney creation...likely because of the guitar and piano...I dunno...either way it's very nice fellas...well done

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

maxit

Yes I will, but for now I want to keep it secret letting you guess LoL. I'm sure I'll discover I stole from more than one ... for example Macca for sure had a feeling for classical music in song form and I'm a huge fan of beatles ... but just to give a hint, Tim tried to do a baroque electric guitar solo, and got it right, because the period is that one. But I'm not smart enough to steal to Johan Sebastian LoL, so I replaced the wannabe JS with a very famous piece, stripped down to the essence, and used in many spots and by many artists. Just to hide the steal, I stole more, because the 'shape' of the piano arpeggio is stolen from another baroque composer that I dig, louis couperin - and the secondary steal is hence "les barricades misterioux", charming classic. But Tim did the magic, as always, turning this 'classical' piece into somewhat not so easily definable, surely a way modern song. On my side, I tried to make it a song with some not classical instruments like the acoustic guitar and the bongos (they're real bongos, the only drum that occupies a little space lol). So I wait for your guess ! It was super-fun, and ok, working with Tim always such a pleasure !
recorder
Audacity

bruno

Lovely, well done chaps. That is a great listen.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

thetworegs

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Really great song. Great collaboration. That piano melody is reminiscent of a classical tune I just can't remember the name. Beautifully played piano and love the orchestration.  Nice guitars and really great vocals. Those lyrics are excellent, the way you fitted  them in with the music..they work perfectly. :) great talent on show form both of you. Darren
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

hardlock

Love the classical influence on this fine collab. I got weened on classical piano very young and it seems to still influence lots of ideas. This is an outstanding use of it and ties everything together wonderfully! Well done!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Ferryman_1957

Beautiful! Max, you are the new Keith Emerson (he liked to "lift" classical melodies). This is a beautiful piece, very nicely composed and arranged, but the vocals really lift it to another level. I can appreciate this was a really hard ask for Tim and he did a fantastic job. Some great lyrics in there, I loved the "from favelas to the mirrors in versailles" line. The vocals at the end are stunning, they create a fantastic ending.

A brilliant and beautiful collab, superbly done. JSB would love it I am sure.

Farrell Jackson

Quote from: Greeny on April 17, 2021, 06:16:06 AMImpossible to put a genre on this  ::)
It's quite 'different'  ;D

It's Baroque Rock! Very cool collab. Maxit and Tim.....it does have a McCartney vibe to it but there's so much more. I can hear how it would be a daunting task finding a melody that fit but you did a great job Tim....plus a cool rockin' lead solo! Excellent work on all the rest Maxit!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?