Escaping the wild wild wood

Started by thetworegs, April 13, 2021, 01:41:24 PM

Jean Pierre

Your singing is always impressive when it starts we are really caught and surprised

I really want to jam a bit with my Weissenborn as the whole thing is quite accpoustic, do you agree Trevor, I will of course only publish with your consent ...but I would add this song in my production of Containment Musical Workshop With Friend All Arond the World ;)
I like the version mixed by Warren..but I would still take the original version, the reverb on the whole mix confuses a bit the different tracks

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

tonyc

love with or without , the song is superb and great vocals i think that is the difference its the voice , and secondly the guitars , cool tune ....... tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

thetworegs

You seemed to have opened the sound of the guitar to the room and made it closer to the listener  with that extra reverb and on the other hand made the vocal quite spacey and distant i like it Thanks Warren ....
Off course Jp Jam along no probs ...Thanks for listening all

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Mike_S

Really dig this Trevor. You really do just totally plug in and dive into that riffing, loadsa feeling in the playing. Like the effect on the vocal and love the little bits of effects you add here and there. Those are cool lyrics too... a bit hendrixy. Nice.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Digging this big time...ohhh mama....ohhh mama....beauty man

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Redler

Wow! I love the groove of this. You've got nice touch on the guitar, this works!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

BerryPatch

Wow, that kemper is uncanny. Very cool song, your voice is great as ever with some nice flurishes on with the lead and psychedelic effects on the vocals. Nice jam at the end as well

Ferryman_1957

Another great track Trev, that acoustic setting sounds very convincing and you really strum like a demon! Great vocals and lyrics.

I liked Warren's version, I think the guitar sounds much better but maybe (for me) the vocals have lost a bit of "something", and that's probably because they are already heavily effected in Trev's original track. The telephone effect comes over a bit stronger on this one and personally I prefer the original.

StephenM

"don't know what I'm doing but I'm doing it again and again."  this is a great line...and man can i relate... love the song and the lyrics....super...been listening a whjole bunches...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

Such a cool groove and funky song! There's a hint of Tony Joe White thing with that guitar playing, but with a more "to the point" groove. The single note riffing adds excitement, but it's once again the vocals that take the crown. TheTwoRegs is da man!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper