Amazing Grace(solo bass and Drums)

Started by Makumbator, June 02, 2009, 10:52:08 PM

Makumbator

Amazing Grace(by Makumbator, after Victor Wooten)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi folks!

Here is my version for Amazing Grace(solo bass arrangement by Victor Wooten). I created drums for my recording(the original version is on solo bass only).

Bass guitar recorded using BR-532(Bass V-amp Pro pre amp and effects)
Drums created in Ezdrummer(pop rock and latin) inside Cubase SX3, and exported to BR-532.

Thanks for listening! :)

Kody

Nice harmonics on the bass!!!  The drums sound really good!!  I've heard many versions of this song, but never anything close to this! I mean that as a compliment!!  Cool!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Pedro

That is the most unique version I've heard of this song. Also, very good playing, extremely tight with the bass drum!

Bus Stetson

agreed! your bass oozes amazing grace!! i love the gospel, reggae, jazzy build up! i feel like i have been baptised by your bass playing! superb!!!
We are the music makers, And we are the dreamers of dreams. 'William Edgar O'Shaughnessy'.

Frank53

Beautifully done, Mak. You have certainly captured Wooten's arrangement - the harmonics and the underlying bass pattern. Terrific playing, and programming.

Great work!
There are only three kinds of drummers. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Geir

This was a pleasant surprise !! Well played and programmed! The drumsound is really BIG in a good way without distracting from the bass. Well done!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Makumbator

Thanks to all!! :D

I'm still learning how to edit midi to create more realistic drums(changing velocity, inserting minimal tempo flutuations, ghost notes, and so on...), but I think I am in right way, and Ezdrummer is very intuitive.

Flash Harry

So neat. I was popping and a picking as you went. So infrequently does the bass get a chance to take the lime-light. Not my favourite tune, but a great version nevertheless.

Many thanks.

Cheers

Flash
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Satchwood

Really cool bass playing there Mak!!  Excellent Bass guitar solo with cool drums!

You get some great notes out of your Bass!  Nice walk down bass-line - cool ending!

www.reverbnation.com/Satchwood
www.myspace.com/Satchwood
www.soundclick.com/Satchwood

"Sometimes It's Not How Fast You Move, But How Soon You Get There" - Bruce Lee

Tools: Kramer Strat, LP Deluxe, Avalon 12-string, Ibanez Bass, Yamaha Keyboard, Micro BR, Riffworks, Line 6 UX2, & a little Ableton & Audacity for grins :~)

Wiley

Wow I am amazed this absolutely brilliant.  Great job!!  Neat on the harmonics.  Hope to hear more from you.!!