Clean up w/ Billy Jack

Started by thetworegs, March 14, 2021, 06:28:54 AM

thetworegs

Clean up w_Billy Jack
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I heard this track of Bill's and was quite taken by it so i've added a lyric and vocal, Billy and i did an album together a while back "Across the Pond " and his music allways inspires me https://alonetone.com/billyjack/playlists/across-the-pond-rpm Thanks Billy .....
Clean up
You tore me down like an advert run out of time 
You told me I was never on your mind
You said goodbye like you were toasting a good friend of mine
You said you loved me but then again you've told me many lies
I'm just trying to clean up the mess you left
I'm just trying to clean up the mess you left

I'm a little confused
I'm little confused
Why lie
I'm totally totally totally confused why

you miss me like a dream you once had
I miss you, I'm awful sad
I miss you don't you I feel bad
But I doubt you ever even feel sad

I just want to clean it up
I just want to clean it up

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

great collaboration. Your lyrics seem a perfect fit for this song. Excellent music from Billy and vocals from yourself.  The style reminded me of robert plant/ LED ZEP a bit. Some great guitar work.  :)
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

tonyc

nice song . like the chorus and great vocals .....cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Farrell Jackson

Trevor, a cool collaboration with Billy Jack! The music is done very well....I can hear why you jumped on this one with vocals and lyric. As mentioned, you have a tasty Robert Plant vibe, tone and phrasing going on with the vocals and you know how much I like Mr. Plant's vocals. Nicely done fellas!

Farrell 
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

StephenM

those guitars...hellyeah.... and of course i love the vocals and the effect you used...brilliant again

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Greeny

A definite Plant / Zep vibe - like the 2021 version of them though. It's so damn fine. The fx on the vocal fits really well. Kind of soulful yet claustrophobic.

Fantastic!

BerryPatch

Great! Your vocals fit right over Bill's track like a hand in glove. Excellent lyrics and singing and Bill's guitar work is very sharp. Great solo

WarpCanada

Great song with sad and thoughtful lyrics.

The vocal does have a really interesting quality.  Someone above said Claustrophobic, and I agree.   I felt sort of like one of those calls from the phone booth at 3 am.  Back when there were phone booths.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

Ray Brookes

I agree with what everyone has already said; great Zep kinda vibe and a great collab. Love those soulful lyrics, Trev.
Ray Brookes

Ferryman_1957

Interesting and well put together track by Bill and your vocals fit like a glove. Very well recorded, loving the effect you used and a real soulful performance as always. Very nice work, you two are definitely well suited to work together.