'Sweary Wordsworth' - Greeny & Flash Harry for Cut-Up Fest (PARENTAL ADVISORY)

Started by Greeny, March 10, 2021, 02:39:39 AM

Greeny

Sweary Wordsworth
Time:
0:00
Volume:
CutUpFest (banner image missing)

So... yesterday, Flash Harry and I were talking about poets and literature (because of the literary references in my Limehouse Opium song), and Mike randomly mentioned Wordsworth's 'host of fucking daffodils'. It immediately gave me the idea to do a sweary cut-up of The Prelude by Wordsworth. So this is Mike's fault  ;D

I basically just typed loads of random swearing and let a mash-up machine tumble dry it with some of The Prelude (which is a very long and monotonous English Romantic poem). The chorus is mine though, lol.

Then it was a choice of what 'style' to do it in. And my instincts just thought 'Reggae', knowing there was only one man for the job of doing some kick-ass bass.

So this is what we did. Thanks to Mike for the inspiration and an absolute bass masterclass.

I actually hate Wordsworth. Coleridge his mate / rival is slightly better, but they're both a couple of mooning pricks. This is my revenge for having to study both of them at A-Level.

Sweary Wordsworth

fuckwump Willow and up rose jizz tits
the piss-off days went green
my trembling glans was bent Man 
They dipp'd me of cadence - fucking oars

Sweary wordsworth
and his host of daffodildos

and grey sea modes suited a Willow dick
trouble upon the stealth
up my shores measur'd funky stars
A fix'd undetermin'd tosspot had monkey-fucked
the Cliff the cliff the cliff

Sweary wordsworth
and his host of daffodildos

And her Lake Amongst its vadge oars
idly the Stranger Holidays 
speed home Steep funky tit trees
with the glittering of her Willow Shore

familiar fucking bollocks
Work'd by again
without sparkling 
Or if darkness still By grave
left the Back And Uprear'd Boat
behind craggy desertion
There one tit meadows that Bark wanker
Boat fields tether tosser moon
hoary horizon shithead evening
Swan the cock The fucking shape
mammary jizz fest

Greeny

Oh... two layers of Telecaster, some Model D Mini Moog, a free reggae drum loop / track, vox and bass (by Mike).

I do wish Garageband would get some reggae going. And some Indian tabla and sitar.

StephenM

well I was a sailor so I have heard far worse....
I like the kind of swagger to this...almost a bit of reggae meets oriental..... that's what i love about what you do...and this collab shows again.... you never know what might come out... I am assuming Flash played bass here....really good either way... man your singing is just off the charts... this thing pulses and mesmerizes....I could imagine Alice getting in lost in wonderland to this...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ferryman_1957

Hysterical! Brilliant idea and you had me cracking up reading the lyrics to this one. Finally, Wordsworth and Colerdige as they should be read.

The concept may be hysterical but the music is wonderful. Flash's bassline is wonderful, a great sound and superbly played. And I love the guitar work, especially those little Eastern-sounding breaks that you add in. It's kind of Oriental reggae......

Who did the production here, because it's great. I'm guessing it might be Tim, because the bass is at an appropriate level...... ;)

Greeny

Quote from: Ferryman on March 10, 2021, 03:32:00 AMHysterical! Brilliant idea and you had me cracking up reading the lyrics to this one. Finally, Wordsworth and Colerdige as they should be read.

The concept may be hysterical but the music is wonderful. Flash's bassline is wonderful, a great sound and superbly played. And I love the guitar work, especially those little Eastern-sounding breaks that you add in. It's kind of Oriental reggae......

Who did the production here, because it's great. I'm guessing it might be Tim, because the bass is at an appropriate level...... ;)

I sent Mike the full, mixed track apart from bass. He offered to send back a WAV to mix with the rest, but having made music with him for 15 years, I just knew he'd get the levels right. So I just asked for the finished MP3 back.

I was right :-)

Oldrottenhead

whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Flash Harry

It took me about 5 takes to stop laughing.

You can't laugh and be doing serious stuff.

It's delightful in it's eloquence Tim. THanks for the chance to get involved.

At the back of my mind was Nigel's voice saying "where's the bass?"

I pushed it a bit for you Nigel, but had to dip the level with a sidechain compressor on the kick. Faffy stuff.
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Ferryman_1957

Quote from: Flash Harry on March 10, 2021, 05:19:48 AMAt the back of my mind was Nigel's voice saying "where's the bass?"

I pushed it a bit for you Nigel, but had to dip the level with a sidechain compressor on the kick. Faffy stuff.
It's reggae, it's needs Jah levels of bass! And you did it really well. Sidechaining on the kick, you little show off you...... ;)

BerryPatch

What a wicked concept behind this song. I still don't really know what to do for cut up fest but your song is giving me some ideas. Great words and sounds all around. Also what a ripping bass line Mike, love how upfront it is. Gave me a good laugh as well. As Hilary said, Dafidildos; what a word indeed ;)