Quickly...!!help!!

Started by Trotters, June 02, 2009, 01:49:56 PM

Trotters

I've just exported 4 tracks but i can't seem to export my drum arrangment??Can you guys help me figure this out please?

Thanks,

Trotters

launched

It has to be mixed down to a wav or mp3 file - Turn down all four tracks and then just master the drum output.
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

hewhoiscalledj

if i'm not mistaken, you'll have to master the song to get the drum arrangement as part of the final song (mp3/wave)

if you just want the drum arrangement as it's own seperate file/mp3/wave, then you can master just that by itself and lose the accompanying tracks. in other words, dont export, per se.... just go into mastering mode.

i'm assuming here that you actually created a drum arrangment right? you probably have but i just wanted to be clear on that.

Trotters

yh...i wanted to fiddle with each of the tracks separately on audacity so i don't want to master the whole thing ???

Trotters

Quote from: hewhoiscalledj on June 02, 2009, 01:54:56 PMif i'm not mistaken, you'll have to master the song to get the drum arrangement as part of the final song (mp3/wave)

if you just want the drum arrangement as it's own seperate file/mp3/wave, then you can master just that by itself and lose the accompanying tracks. in other words, dont export, per se.... just go into mastering mode.

i'm assuming here that you actually created a drum arrangment right? you probably have but i just wanted to be clear on that.

THANKS....i'll try this...and thanks to both of you for respoding in a matter of seconds!!!I'm anxious to finish and post the song

Glenn Mitchell

Or a bounce will capture the drums as well.
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Cakewalk Sonar platinum

https://soundcloud.com/you/tracks

Ted

Quote from: M_Glenn_M on June 02, 2009, 11:34:25 PMOr a bounce will capture the drums as well.

Yup.  That's what I'd do.  Drop the levels of all your recorded tracks to zero, and bounce your drums to a stereo pair of v-tracks.  Once you've done that, you can export these tracks.  Voila! Isolated drum tracks ready for Audacity.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Geir

Quote from: Ted on June 02, 2009, 11:53:42 PM
Quote from: M_Glenn_M on June 02, 2009, 11:34:25 PMOr a bounce will capture the drums as well.

Yup.  That's what I'd do.  Drop the levels of all your recorded tracks to zero,
or just select some empty v-tracks ...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Trotters

yh I just selected empty v-tracks and every seemed to work.. ;D  cheers guys...btw I uploaded the song as well !!