Too Much Information

Started by Mike_S, March 07, 2021, 12:03:17 PM

Mike_S

Too Much Information
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Not been too productive this year... but here is the latest.

This was painful... spent way too long on it to the point where it was not fun anymore - slipping back into me old habits.

Anyway here it is...

Too Much Information

They'll change the way you're thinking
Alter reality
They'll start a revolution
With this insanity

Can you hear me?
Are you listening?

They've got an inside
Operation
They got you tied up
With a string

Because it's too much
Information
Now they know everything

They force feed you opinions
Without authority
They cancel your existence
If you just disagree

They've got you dancing
On a pinhead
They got the key
To you front door

Because it's too much
Information
Now they know everything
About you

They'll sanitise your voices
Take your identity
They'll rob you of your feelings
They are your enemy

Can you hear me
Are you listening?

They've got an inside
Operation
They got you tied up
With a string

Because it's too much
Information
Now they know everything

Because it's too much
Information
Now they know everything
About you

recorder
iPad GarageBand

thetworegs

Good one Mike loving that don't give a fuck vocal and it has an excellent grove going on that fits the lyric or maybe its the lyric that fits the music whatever way good one

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Ray Brookes

Me being keen on lyrical content the first thing I usually do with a new posting is read the lyrics. The lyrics to this are excellent, Mike and to me somewhat Dylan-esque. Then I listened to the song and I like how it rolls along with that sinister diminished note on the guitar (flattened fifth or something like that?) A great track, mate.
Ray Brookes

BerryPatch

Very cool grungy song with an excellent lyric. I know how you feel, I do the same thing a lot of times especially when trying to get lyrics done. But, in the end, it really turned into a great song. The mix is totally spot on too for this sort of sound. Awesome track Mike

SE

Yes cool moody with attitude, with excellent  guitar all the things I love, magic!
recorder
Boss BR-80

StephenM

I love and notice your guitar sound right away...it's all you...and SE has his own .... as do others here....for me the guitar is essential in the type of music I love most...and this hits it right between the eyes....cool lyrical content....
yup.... no different than a thousand years ago...or 35 or 100... people who take advantage of and people who are taken advantage of...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

oh yeah and I love the leads and the sound...the work you put in was worth it...sometimes it is just that hard... I totally get it...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Greeny

Oooh... this is brilliant. Love the dark edge and swagger of it. The guitar sound and those dystopian chords carry a lot of menace whilst being totally hypnotic. And your vocal is superb. I mean absolutely incredible. I know what self-doubt is like, but I can assure you that this is a monster track. Perfectly performed and produced. I love it.

Nelson

Love it Love it
The guitar work through out this piece is stunning.
This thing rocks from the start had me leaning in the whole time.
Love the attitude in the vocal delivery, got that rebel thing going.

Way to go Mike
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

Redler

I like the dark atmosphere and chord progression! Captivating stuff. This really rocks, Mike!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR