The Devil Inside

Started by DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee, March 07, 2021, 06:07:04 AM

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

devil inside low file size 160 kbps
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This song was about those conspiracy theories that our life is being controlled more and more by the government, higher power etc. spying on us and lying to us.
( I'm starting to believe it myself lol)

Lyrics

The Devil Inside

V1. We've gone to hell in a handcart,
Working for the devil
We cannot breathe coz it's so hot,
We're going down another level

V2. I can't see no end game,
It's just all repetition (repetition)
It's enough to drive you insane,
With all their sound and vision

CHORUS
So take a ride, take a ride ... (with the devil inside)
You cannot hide, you cannot hide ... (from the devil inside)
So take a ride, take a ride ... (with the devil inside)
You cannot hide ................ (from the devil inside)

(Break) key change/ solo.

V3. We got your name and your number
Your photo and your Wi-Fi
You can't hide in the shadows
Cos we can see you when you're all alone

V4.We got an eye in the sky
And it's staring right into your soul
It's a new kind of religion
Praying to mind control

CHORUS

Praying to the ...mind control  (repeat to out)

Music/Lyrics: DeeGee@2021
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Ferryman_1957

Love that chunky synth bass right from the off, it really gets you moving and it sounds fab. The synth and guitar fit really well with this, and I love the change and break at 1:32 ish, lovely guitar work and some nice flourishes of a 5th(?) harmony on the guitar. That works so well before you come back in with the verse section.

The lyrics are nice as well and I like the varied inflections in the vocal, a great performance. It sounds great overall. I had my first Covid jab yesterday, and Bill Gates tells me he likes this song (he was listening in via microchip......). 

Redler

Very captivating right from the start! Well sung, performed and produced. This works!

Welcome to the site.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Ray Brookes

Great production, Darren and Keith's vocal is brill as always. Love that multi - melodic guitar work and the synths work so well here. Cool incisive lyrics too BTW. Great job; well done.
Ray Brookes

BerryPatch

Excellent groovy, synthy stuff. The synth bass along with those drums really propel the song and I love those guitar tracks. Sorta a bit reminds me of Adrian Belew, like his solos on The Great Curve by Talking Heads. Another great one...

StephenM

wow...love this ...the music is stellar... and the lyrics are cool...great guitar work... lead is fanny tastic....
i'm pretty sure that at least some of it is true....when you look at something on your phone and then an hour later you are on your computer and ads pop up for what you were looking at.... yeah... and they say the smart TV camera is watching you.... I make sure I give them a good show, whenever possible...lol..
can you imagine CIA headquarters...."hey bob, look at that weenie....haha"....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Greeny

That pulsing synth bass-line is so juicy. Just hooks you in and takes you on a ride. Then that cool harmonised guitar drop-out. The whole thing is totally infectious and absorbing. Fantastic performances, playing and production.

Serious skills!

Nelson

Cool groove and a brilliant arrangement.
The performances are top notched, especially the guitars.
Love the fun and expressive vocals.

This is some pro stuff, from start to finish.

U Rock
recorder
Reaper

recorder
Boss BR-600

hardlock

I agree with all the great comments above! Great piece of music in all regards! Harmonies of vocals and guitar are the best.
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

TPB

Well done Well Played great vocals  GREAT JOB
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away