Main Menu

Funky Pants

Started by Pine, February 27, 2021, 06:45:30 PM

Pine

Funky Pants
Time:
0:00
Volume:
The coolest thing about being independent singer/songwriter/musician/artists is that there are no rules. Anything goes.
Recent songs here include serious mental health issues, zombies, the roasting of historical English aristocracy, and most recently, hip replacements and aging humor. I love it. Nothing is off limits. In that spirit of humor and freedom, here is a song about a nice little kid i remember from my teen years who seemed to always be packin' a load in his diaper.

Boss DR-3
'77 Telecaster
synth sax

There was a kid, who lived next door
spent most his time crawlin''cross the floor
He loved bananas, pudding too...
down through his tummy, that puddin' flew..
He couldn't talk, he couldn't dance
but you could tell, with just a glance...
FUNKY PANTS! HE HAD FUNKY PANTS!

Sometimes he'd stop, and get that look
Just one whiff was all it took
He might be playin, happy in his crib
You knew what happened...knew what he did
I still remember..i won't forget
He had that smell every time we met
FUNKY PANTS! LITTLE MR. FUNKY PANTS!

Funky...Funky...Funky...oh Mr Funky Pants...
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Ray Brookes

Aside from the great humour, there is some cool musicianship going on here and that bass line is cooking! One of my ex-bosses was like a diaper - always full of crap.
Ray Brookes

Bluesberry

crazy cool song....I love that it is so different than your "usual" that tele is sounding good.....good groove in your vocals

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

BerryPatch

Very funny. Love these zany kind of humorous songs especially when you least expect them. Makes me want to get off my chair and start dancin!

Kenneth

Yes!
I feel the same! It is about freedom. Create whatever, sing whatever... this is good. I love it,
Dig, dig, dig!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

StephenM

I don't know how I missed this for a whole day plus....
well, you know that I am a music tradionalist so....ha, ha....  this song is smokin from the britches right up to the shirt.... what a groove and great playing and a sound from your voice I hadn't heard yet.... the lyrics kind of stunk though.... lol....not like the lyrics are bad...they are really clever... funny thing is I know a few adults a bit like this....
I agree that songs can be written about anything... for me there is no such thing as genre.... I get why they do it... but it means essentially nothing to me and never has...if I like it I like it...
you play very well...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

pjd1

From country to funk how do you do that !!! you funked out pretty good on this track Pine , funny lyrics and a stomping backer all in the mix sounds really tight and together , vocals are spot on and tell the story perfectly , super switch for one style of music to the next , great stuff !!

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

StephenM

next time I get together with my musician friends we's gonna play that one.... wow it's great...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Greeny

Man, that's some tight 'Wanna Be Startin Something' funk groove. I was so into it, I was disappointed when in finished (a bit too early imo). I love that Songcrafters is a safe space (lol) to do whatever momentary musical ideas and impulses take our fancy. And this is a great example of something that's unexpected and packed with fun - both for you and the listener. Love how it's a kinda comedy song, but there's some really great musical skills cooking away in the background. Great!

hardlock

Man, that's really funked up! Dig it! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure