Cracks In These Walls

Started by boneonbone, February 20, 2021, 08:28:16 AM

boneonbone

Cracks In These Walls
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's another new one for a listen......waited til after Valentines Day to put this one out there.......

Cracks in These Walls    words & music: Vance Grazio     c2021   

Where were you going, why did you stay?
Losing my grasp as things slip away
I can see, cracks in these walls

Have you a reason, have you lost your mind?
Love can be treason, or one of a kind
Can't you see, cracks in these walls

Love's divide
Stubborn pride
We were one
Divided by two

Fire the cannons, sound the alarms
Freewheeling actions are losing their charm
Falling through, cracks in these walls

Caught in between the ebb and the flow
Of you saying yes when I'm saying no
Getting stuck, between cracks in these walls

Crumbling down, all around
Twisted ties on dusty ground

Love's divide
Stubborn pride
We were one
Divided by two

Where were you going, why did you stay?
There may be chances of finding our way
If we fill, cracks in these walls

Before we fall through, cracks in these walls

"Play because you love it. Don't worry about if it will ever make any money, just understand that playing is an end in itself, and you play music, it will make your life better. And, don't worry about being a star, don't worry about making money, worry about nothing, just sit down with your guitar and let it speak to you and that will make your life better. It will bring beauty into your life. It's a great thing to do."     ---- David Crosby

Farrell Jackson

Great songwriting! Excellent vocals and words. I like the choice of placing the piano off to one side and the harmonica gives it an up beat vibe. Your songwriting style here is reminiscent of Jimmy Webb's style (By The Time I Get To Phoenix etc.) Nicely done!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

BerryPatch

Top notch song. Love the flowing feel of the verses and the little piano line you added. The harmonica gives it a great country rock feel and the harmonies give me a bit of a Byrds vibe. Great lyrics as well, really adds to the catchiness

Bluesberry

Great full on song.....I really like what the harmonica brings to the mix...and that strat sounding guitar sounds lovely....the piano work stitches it all together.....

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

IanR

Great songwriting indeed.

I really like this. It sounds like a lot of Aussie bands from the 1970s and 80s. The Dingoes are a good example.

I love the arrangement. The little musical interludes give it lots of character. I like the interplay between the harmonica and guitar, with the piano providing the glue.

Well done and thanks for sharing.

ian

recorder
PreSonus Studio 1824
recorder
PreSonus FaderPort 8
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

StephenM

the recording is perfect as I hear it.... I love the Allman like lead there.... and the harp sounds nice...and that little piano part.... the bass and drum foundation are solid as heck...and the vocals are great... super stuff

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

tonyc

nice songwriting , love the vocal and backing vocals . great sound on the harp ,.......cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Ferryman_1957

Very nice work indeed. It's a really well written song with great lyrics, the vocals and harmonies are superb. I loved the groove here but I particularly liked the way you handled the piano, those very nice melodic lines off to the right in the mix are really effective and give a great hook. Very nice lead guitar work as well.

Excellent track, very well done. I really enjoyed this.

Ray Brookes

Lovely song and very well produced with fantastic harmonies and sweet guitar work. That harmonica is a nice touch and adds a very pleasant vibe to the song.
Ray Brookes

Pine

Good songwriting. Lots of imagery in the lyric. Nice instrumental touches..the flirting piano, the cool harp, and the nice guitar solo. Vocals get the blue ribbon. Well done!
recorder
Boss BR-1200