Is this what they call love

Started by thetworegs, February 14, 2021, 04:50:08 AM

thetworegs

Is this what they call Love
Time:
0:00
Volume:
As it's Valentines day.....we thats the wife and i were watching more shite TV last night The seven year itch Australia and i got the idea for this song. Just the Gibson and me Thanks for listening

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Greeny

Ooh - nice! I like the compression on the vocal up against the dry guitar tone. Works really well for some reason. Your vocal is superb. Like a 70's Smokie or Frankie Miller song. Really soulful stuff. Fantastic.

And sounds like you're definitely on the mend :-)

Bluesberry

first off...so glad to see you are feeling better....and the damn covid didn't mess with your wonderful voiice.....wonderful tender melancholy song...yup like Greeny, I hear a 70's song here...wicked

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

BerryPatch

Such a classic sounding song. I could totally hear a soulful Folk guy in the seventies singing this song. Love the dynamics coming into the chorus, gives it a nice fragility. Great stuff

Ferryman_1957

Another belter Trev, that rubbish TV is clearly inspiring you! I can only agree with other comments that you created some great dynamics here with just your voice and a clean guitar. You kept the interest going throughout the whole song with the way you play the guitar and the vocals off against each other. Not an easy thing to do, you did it really well. Fantastic vocal performance again, very well done.

chapperz66

Brilliant song Trevor.  Great to hear your voice in very fine fettle again.

Magnificent.

Paul

Mike_S

Great songwriting here Trevor. You belt it out in parts but there is some lovely gentler spots in there too. Really enjoyed that, super stuff.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

WarpCanada

This one punches right in the center of the human experience. Maybe my favorite song you've done yet and I like your other stuff lots.

This one goes to the center of things.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

StephenM

I would say I love you Trevor... but I really don't know you that well...so i will say...Trevor I just love your work...you are so friggin good....my god.... I am so blessed to have found this great coffee house known as SC!  You are a super star.... hearts.....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner