Main Menu

Incarceration

Started by SE, February 04, 2021, 09:45:15 AM

SE

Incarceration
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Apologies a bit dark, it a song about my father who been in hospital for nearly a year.
All done Boss BR80 with Gretsch Electomatic.
recorder
Boss BR-80

Farrell Jackson

Very well done SE. I can feel the angst in your vocal and guitar playing. This is a bit dark but no apologies necessary. I hope your father gets better.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Redler

So fine job, John! The interpretation is very warm and soulful.

All the best to your father.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

WarpCanada

NO apology for real ever.  This is a good song.    Audio drops at 3:30 but the widget says the song is 3:43 long.   Browser glitch? Anyone else see this?
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

cuthbert

Sorry to hear about your dad being stuck in hospital, John. I hope he gets better and can go back home soon.

Your guitar sounds aces, and your vocals express the frustration you must be going through well. I think we can all identify with that at some level, especially in these pandemic times.

Quote from: WarpCanada on February 04, 2021, 12:13:23 PMAudio drops at 3:30 but the widget says the song is 3:43 long.   Browser glitch? Anyone else see this?

It plays through for me in Firefox 85 right now, but sometimes when there's heavy server traffic at Bluehost, there can be playback glitches. When that happens, downloading the mp3 is your best bet.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

StephenM

Killer song....period... i really love the guitar... and the delay on the vocals...it's brilliant...the recording is just what I like...well done...and absolutely your feelings about your dad have fueled  a great song.... thank you for sharing this uncomfortable situation.... and i hope for your entire families best possible outcome... I am a big fan of your voice and your writing, playing, and recording...helluvajob!!!!!!!!!!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ferryman_1957

Excellent work John, and this one is straight from the heart, you can hear it in the performance. I love the way the guitar parts combine, and I particularly liked the deeper part that anchors the song really well. Superb vocals, and very well recorded and mixed. No glitches for me on playback....

All the best to you and your father.

Greeny

Sorry to hear about your father, John. I hope things improve.

This is a great song - I like the interplay between the gritty overdrive and the clean arpeggio. The echo on the vox is really powerful, and I like the way you give it some welly on the chorus. Great pace, vibe and performance. Dark but wholesome if you know what I mean.

hardlock

I can relate to the theme of this song. Very well assembled and performed. Intense but from the heart. I like this a lot!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Bluesberry

sweet yet touching vocals/lyrics.....what an amazing rock song you have crafted out of your situation...sorry to hear about your Father...

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand