I Got Everything

Started by StephenM, January 27, 2021, 05:40:48 PM

StephenM

I Got Everything
Time:
0:00
Volume:
(somebody call the police)  A little heaven on earth, right here in my living room.  I got my gadgets and gitars, my drums and my bass.  It feels so safe and secure, away from the outside, but I love it here, even more. 
I got a flat iron, it keeps my clothes wrinkle free.  I got speakers out the wahoo, their 7 feet tall, and I got microminiature little bitty speakers too.  and I got a Casio keyboard, and I got extension cords out the yahoo.

I've got everything I need, I've got everything I need, I've got everything I need, I've got everything I need.

The squirrels on the back porch, the cats just stare at them, and I got an old prowler camper that I take on the weekends.  i got firewood, and i can grow things too, and there's pine cones (on pizza) in case I wanna make Christmas ornaments.

Heaven on earth, I got heaven on earth.  I got peace of mind, sometimes at least, heaven on earth.  You see I love it here, it took me along time to make it here.  I had to work hard for this.  I had to pray hard for this.  and now I can isolate myself from all this stuff that I read on the news.  They can't touch me....they can't touch me (I can fly above, I can fly above), I gotta couple of firearms just in case I feel unsafe....but it doesn't really mean a thing (doesn't mean a thing).  I gotta fishin pole but I never go to the fishin hole...that 3 minutes was over quick....

I'll be working on the mix a bit...  Harley Benton guitar on several tracks and Les Paul on others....and the lead guitar is on one string only...lol...the G string.... I am kind of digging on drums just now and sarcastic lyrics with elements of truth in them.... kind of a crazy fun song... my 16 year old son doesn't like it....ha!  Recorded on the BR1600s.... and used my Zoom R24 mics fed direct into the BR (just so easy and I get lots of signal).... mastered with LANDR

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Bluesberry

tapping my damn toes to this one.....so great...love this...Henwrench is that you?  I ask that because this has a special kind of zoinks that makes me thing of our great buddy Henwrench and his mad cap songs from yesteryear.....it is loose and tight at the same time...no easy feat....and the lyrics.....and the vocal delivery....it is like you are right inside my head with this one...get out of my head......sheeeeet I love this....I am going back in for another listen......Henwrench is that you? Its got a deep rock and roll soul with a slice of Syd Barrett whimsy all wrapped up in power pop shine...it is like a power pop hit song coming through from a crack in the dimension field......Flaming Lips territory...early Flaming Lips........wicked songcrafting

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

Quote from: Bluesberry on January 27, 2021, 05:50:49 PMtapping my damn toes to this one.....so great...love this...Henwrench is that you?  I ask that because this has a special kind of zoinks that makes me thing of our great buddy Henwrench and his mad cap songs from yesteryear.....it is loose and tight at the same time...no easy feat....and the lyrics.....and the vocal delivery....it is like you are right inside my head with this one...get out of my head......sheeeeet I love this....I am going back in for another listen......Henwrench is that you? Its got a deep rock and roll soul with a slice of Syd Barrett whimsy all wrapped up in power pop shine...it is like a power pop hit song coming through from a crack in the dimension field......Flaming Lips territory...early Flaming Lips........wicked songcrafting

I love your descriptions Blues.... they are so me!  and your enthusiasm is contagious.... I am glad you came back... can't wait to hear something again from you...I know that "Bring Home the Erin" would be hard to top...but you don't have to....  Sometimes my favorite stuff is a recording that I think will be nothing...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

maxit

I like much the tight - loose feeling, and the arrangement reminds me of B52/Blondie new wave, or the Police, that's to say way cool !

recorder
Audacity

Ferryman_1957

I too like the loose feeling and the almost stream of consciousness lyrics. Love the sentiment of the lyrics, I'm in a similar situation (minus the firearms and fishing pole... ;)) so this resonated with me. I liked your guitar sounds in there  and it all made for a really enjoyable listen. There's nothing wrong with one string leads btw!

Greeny

I can hear 'message in a bottle' on the guitar progression, but Talking Heads in the loose, off-kilter creativity of it. It's slightly nuts, but in the best possible way. The ending cracked me up. Lots and lots of fun! :-)

StephenM

Quote from: Greeny on January 28, 2021, 03:02:40 AMI can hear 'message in a bottle' on the guitar progression, but Talking Heads in the loose, off-kilter creativity of it. It's slightly nuts, but in the best possible way. The ending cracked me up. Lots and lots of fun! :-)

I noticed the kind of police sound too... it wasn't intentional... I do love that song and doubt I could cover it if I tried...oh well... and i also laugh my head off at the ending...crazy

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

TPB

Off the wall but very enjoyable me I got the Dire Straights vibe which is a good thing for me. Enjoyed it thanks
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

T.C. Elliott

Well, I think most of us can relate even if I no longer have firewood (for example.) Stay with me here, but... I usually hate that semi staccato vocal delivery you have on the chorus "I.. have.. things..) BUT.. it works so damn well here. I'm not sure how you pulled it off, but I like it.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Farrell Jackson

I agree with all that's been said, including the hints of The Police and Dire Straits (which is not a bad thing at all). I think the mix of the loose/tight feel keeps the song interesting....it kept me listening to the end. Well done there!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?