'Saints and Sinners (Bathed in Green)' - Max & Greeny (again!)

Started by Greeny, January 25, 2021, 05:13:04 AM

Greeny

Saints and Sinners_Max and Greeny
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here's another  ;D

A Max piano & acoustic guitar composition (plus drums & bass) that I've added vocals and Telecaster to. A little nod to Bob Seger's 'Hollywood Nights' in the lyric which was both on the 'What Are You Listening to Right Now' thread, and something I like driving around to in Grand Theft Auto V.

Americana from two Europeans  ;)

Saints and Sinners (Bathed in Green)

here come the demons
the dark clown rodeo
FM classics
'Hollywood Nights' on the radio
searching stations
panning for gold
americana highway baby
gun the gas and go go go

it's more than rock and roll
muscle cars and bourbon
a road to call my own
behind the twilight curtain
of the desert sky
all the saints and sinners
illuminated by
the dashboard light

all the saints and sinners... bathed in green

bullet holes in all the signs
and bullet holes in all my reasons
states of mind I left behind
the closed resorts so out of season
still searching stations
and panning for gold

americana highway baby
gun the gas and go go go

muscle cars and bourbon
a road to call my own
of the desert sky
all the saints and sinners
illuminated by
the dashboard light

muscle cars and bourbon
a road to call my own
all the saints and sinners...
bathed in green
bathed in green

tonyc

wow love it . cool song , great vocal . superb stuff from you both .     cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Redler

Hey guys, you've written an entire album fine songs, soon! Top class job with this as well. Nice groove!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Pine

I think this is my fav so far from the M&G collabs. It's got it all. Instrumentally creative, great lyric and vocals, some very cool changes, and it just rolls out and rolls along..65mph with the top down. Fun bass lines. Excellent collab guys..Bravo!
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Bluesberry

Great tight rocking track ...great driving music for sure...

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ferryman_1957

Loving this one! The combination of piano and acoustic works really well, and the track has a great tempo and feel to it. The vocals are great, I like the way you have a slightly gentler vocal style to suit the feel of the track. Fab lyrics as always, great work again you two!

My particular fave was that lovely lyrical bass line. I assume it's a keyboard bass? If it's a stringed instrument, then it's superbly played.

maxit

Ferry you right, aint no way I could play that bassline, even if I had a bass. And, for vocals, I noticed this too but I couldnt say clearly (are there 50 shades of green we don't know LoL)?
recorder
Audacity

Ferryman_1957

Quote from: maxit on January 26, 2021, 09:29:06 AMFerry you right, aint no way I could play that bassline, even if I had a bass. And, for vocals, I noticed this too but I couldnt say clearly (are there 50 shades of green we don't know LoL)?
Don't worry Max, the composition of that bassline is still very cool. Really adds a great feel to the song.

pjd1

Outstanding track on every level , melody , vocals , guitar/bass work and everything else on there , love the chord structure and the clean tight well produced guitar , fabulous collab between you lads , i really do like the track on the work , great stuff

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

TPB

Another great one from the Max and Green connection Bass was humming along and I really liked your vocals on this one
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away