'Have You Ever Been to the Badlands?' - Greeny Original

Started by Greeny, January 20, 2021, 04:43:10 AM

Bluesberry

First listem...hey that is a pretty good song...it keeps building....damn fine....that ending explodes like a Tarantino movie ending.....flecking hell I love that....I feel many emotions.....Your best songs always feel like a mini movie to me and this one is just like that....that electric guitar sounds fantastic, real amp mic'd up is the way to go....first of many listens.....I am a fan

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

tonyc

wow tim fantastic song i felt i was there . love your vocal and the instruments are superb , and also a great mix , classic worth another listen . cheers tony cee
recorder
Zoom HD16

Pine

wow...Alot going on in this tune. It rides from the canyons to the ridges.
I've been to the Badlands. After hearing this tho, i think they can be wherever you find them.

"the winter's in white like the ghost of a bride
who fell through the ice and drowned"....

....you always wrote good lyrics Tim, but they've gotten better and better. This is KILLER!

I liked Dave's comment about the song being a "mini movie".

Couldn't figure out what that pervasive sound was at first.. then i realized it was a slide on the CBG (yes?)

You are a true artist Tim. This is really  %)!
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Ray Brookes

Beautiful song, Tim and so well produced/arranged. Every instrument in its own space and fantastic vocal work.
Ray Brookes

Hilary

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Ray Brookes

Had to come back for another listen, Tim. This is so bloody great and atmospheric it feels like I'm walking through Apache country.
Ray Brookes

launched

You've got to be kidding me! First the tight vocal harmony (A brief taste but worth it), and the badass bass line. And the song builds. It builds and builds and builds. "My oh my what will we become", had to rewind that a couple times

Friggin' Awesome!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

StephenM

wow...o ....wow.....weeeeee......  just love this so much...... and the jam at the end is so bloody wonderful.... makes this almost the Beatles or America meet Jethro Tull (the jam has a bit of that feel to me).... actually I think this is better than the Beatles (oh my gosh did I just say that?)  Such sacrilege....
so many wonderful things in this....
yes this goes from an America feel during the start of the jam to more Tull like during the LP kick in.....wonderful stuff....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Redler

I'm speechless, can't find any words. This is just amazing. The source of your creativity seems to be bottomless.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR