Main Menu

The Lament

Started by Farrell Jackson, January 12, 2021, 08:59:39 AM

pjd1

Great music and composition Farrell always a pleasure to listen to your recordings , vocals and mix is top draw , the riff at the start is really cool , so we know the rest of the song is going to be a bit special , as it was of course , lead break blew me away Fabulous technique and fluency ,spot on mate

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Jean Pierre

thank you , Farrell for the lyrics

I come back for a new listening
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Ferryman_1957

Another great collab with Lorne. The backer is really good, very melodic (with a great solo in the middle) and a great platform your vocals. Which are really good, the double tracking worked really well and they fit the music brilliantly. And the lyrics are fantastic, really enjoyed those. Nice job!

Bluesberry

What can I say...that hasn't been said....great song...love the lyrics, love them....Its like something Father John Misty would come up with......and that guitar solo....damn near melted my ice in my drink......smoking song.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Redler

Fine job with the backer, everything sounds so clear and is in balance. Your voice works perfectly on song like this...

Really nice job, as always!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

chapperz66

This is just great Farrell.  The harmonies are splendid and tight, and the backing is great.  The lyrics really touched me as they reminded me of when I used to be able to visit my mum at the care home before covid made it impossible.  The home is less than half a mile away but it might as well be on mars!  I often wondered what the lives of the other residents had been like and what stories they could tell.

This is a fine song.

Paul

Johnny McAleer

Great track. Liking the guitar and vocals esp. Great collab. Technically top drawer. JMc
"Take music, family and friends: stir gently and serve chilled" - J Mc

Greeny

Beautifully put together, and I loved that wild solo. Brilliant melodies that just you carry along. The vocal is excellent. Great stuff!

Mike_S

Music is so much better with little human imperfections left in. That is what is wrong with modern music, ironing out every trace of the human touch. Those double tracked vocals are perfect to me because they are real. We can feel it more. Loved the song... the intro was great and all vocals were brilliant.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand