upside down guitar solo ...backmasking

Started by Jean Pierre, January 11, 2021, 08:22:25 AM

Jean Pierre

QuoteSonne définitivement un peu comme Carlos Santana et Dave Gilmour faisant un trip à l'acide ensemble

It has been said that I was the natural child of Carlos Santana and David Guilmour, and my grandfather is Rodrigo (the composer of the Ajanjuez concerto),...and my uncle is Hendrix (because of the backmasking).
do you believe in it? ;D
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

alfstone

Looks like....an extremely acid psychedelic trip...tell the truth, Jean Pierre....what did you smoke????  :P

Alfredo

...anyway, sounds really good!  :D

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Jean Pierre

No I don't smoke (anymore),  ... just Whisky and Rhum Barbancourt (it's an Haitian rhum fabulous)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Kenneth

'Tis a good one! Like the sounds you have going. You need to hang out in original songs more!
"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Bluesberry

great guitar playing...and that backwards stuff is a trip and a half...I get a deep feeling from this.....soul music...

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Jean Pierre

Thanks to all of you ...I discovered this effect by chance, I remember hearing it in the 60s and 70s: Hendrix, the Beatles, Pink Floyd, Eagle, AC/DC, rolling stone...and many others...???
in the instrumental parts but also in the vocal parts; with a purely artistic purpose...or to mask a vulgar, indecent, subversive, satanic or censurable message...Frank Zappa in '68 in his song HotPoop used a passage, censored by his production company, considered too vulgar...I let you discover on the wiki article the content of this massage that, obviously I can't reproduce on SC :)
At that time, with a c tape recorder, it was a bit complicated for an amateur, now with the digital it's child's play.

Redler

Excellent piece of instrumental music! Psychedelic, peaceful and beautiful!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Johnny McAleer

Echoing all the above favourable comments. Big fan of CS and DG etc. It's all in there - great technique and technicality. JMc
"Take music, family and friends: stir gently and serve chilled" - J Mc

Greeny

I do like a bit of psyched-out reverse guitar. This sounds great! Psychedelic yet mellow. I can hear the 'Spanish' flavour of the chords. It all sounds like a Morricone spaghetti western theme to me. Nice one!

Jean Pierre

Thanks for the comments guys

I did this practically in improvisation in one take ...but it's not very difficult to put notes of the pentatonic scale on this chordal sequence on a andalusian turnaround...

Well, for the backmasking it was really "to try" I did not reverse the rest of the backtrack and it's maybe a miracle that it remained "pretty much in harmony ... it should be seen ....
what I like in the back masking of the guitar is the effect of the volume pedal on the inverted long notes.