A 9/11 Every Day

Started by T.C. Elliott, January 10, 2021, 06:55:38 PM

T.C. Elliott

Title was a prompt due 7 January 2021. I like how this one turned out.

Time:
0:00
Volume:

All the music I play
All night and all day
Well, I don't know
And I can't say

All the songs I have sung
And the guitar I strum
They don't know
What I have become

I'm cold enough to observe it
Cold enough to write it down
I sing my songs as the world is burning down

All the words that I write
In love and in spite
I don't know
The wrong from the right

And the stories I tell
About heaven and hell
Well, I don't know
If I've done them well

Cold enough to write 'em down

Cold enough to write it down
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Blooby

Afraid of the title because I have been pretty sideswiped by American news as of late, but I derived happiness from listening to your offering because there's so much to dig here.

The production is wonderful with great lyrics, a cool repeating melodic figure with that lead guitar, acoustic glue, and the square-toothed tremolo was a brilliant choice. That is an inspired chorus as well.

Great post.

Blooby

chapperz66

A fine song here TC.  All round great performance and production.

Flash Harry

Wow - this is great. I love the double tracked vocals, so difficult to do well. Writing, and production is professional quality and performance is perfect.

love it!!!
We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different
- Kurt Vonnegut.

Ferryman_1957

A really powerful track. The vocals are the standout for me here, superbly performed with great sound and control, and also really well recorded. I think you constructed the song really well with a clear melody hook and some very subtle and tasteful guitar work so that everything complements the vocals but never overwhelms them. Superb stuff.

pjd1

Thats a cracking track and very well produced and composed TC, perfect sound on every level , great idea for a song and your vocal was first class , amazing stuff

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Pine

Quote from: Ferryman on January 11, 2021, 08:58:15 AMA really powerful track. The vocals are the standout for me here, superbly performed with great sound and control, and also really well recorded. I think you constructed the song really well with a clear melody hook and some very subtle and tasteful guitar work so that everything complements the vocals but never overwhelms them. Superb stuff.

This sums up my feelings to a tee. Loved the "presence" of your vocals.
This is a song that gets better with every listen. It's got soul and emotion. Excellent work.
recorder
Boss BR-1200

hardlock

Blooby says it all for me. 9/11 wasn't our fault but there is no excuse for what's going on here now..... sad....

This is a great song all around!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Greeny

That's a superb vocal. Both on the single and double tracked parts. There's something very comforting about it, and I love hearing the voice used so well. The whole track is excellent - great, thoughtful songwriting and production. I'm cold enough to observe it / Cold enough to write it down is a gem of a lyric. Excellent stuff.

Farrell Jackson

T.C. the clarity of each instrument and vocals in this song are out standing. An excellent flowing melody and guitar work....the repeating guitar riff links it all together perfectly.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?