David Played Guitar - my tribute to David Bowie

Started by ODH, January 10, 2021, 05:05:10 AM

ODH

ERROR: No MP3 file found.

All topics in the Post Your Work boards must have either an mp3 file attached or include a link to an external mp3 file ([singlemp3] tags) in the message body.

https://www.ebutuoy.com/watch?v=QmMgs9cb-AE

Five years ago today we lost David Bowie.

This is the song I made at the time with a video which I added yesterday.

Nick
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Hilary

This is what you get with brains and talent Nick - fan-bloody-tastic!

recorder
Boss BR-80

comme ci, comme ça

Farrell Jackson

ODH, this is such a cool tribute to David Bowie! It's hard to believe that it's been five years since he passed. To start off with David (Ziggy) Played Guitar and then the seamless transition into a medley of David's hits takes skill and a bit of thinking outside the box. You pulled off this musical collage perfectly!

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

pjd1

Loved David Bowie such a talent and a sad loss for everyone , but by god you have composed a rather special tribute to the man , love the way you have cut his music into the mix , that is so good , what a song !!

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

hardlock

Very nice tribute! Bowie was a great talent and you've shown his versatility well in this song.
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

T.C. Elliott

A good tribute. I loved the trippy medley in the middle.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Ferryman_1957

I can only echo what everyone else said Nick. It's a fab tribute, you captured the spirit of classic era Bowie in this track and the medley in the middle works really well. It's the soundtrack of my youth. (Although I'm glad you didn't include anything from his debut album!! :o)

Very nicely done and a great listen.

Greeny

Oooh this is good. Very, very clever use of some familiar Bowie motifs on the main sections but it makes something new, fresh and amazing. There are some chord changes in there that are absolutely incredible. And how you did that medley section is beyond my comprehension! Especially loved the glitched Rebel Rebel - it sounded amazing!!!! What a beautiful musical tribute. Hats off to you on this one.

kenny mac

Cool tribute Nick,very clever guitar additions, also a very good tribute for Mick Ronson I may add.
Nice one.

Jean Pierre

very good tribut
beautifull sound for all instruments
I especially like the very fine dubbing of the voice. How do you do that?
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo