Wanted Man Blues

Started by Ray Brookes, January 06, 2021, 01:49:54 PM

Ray Brookes

wanted man blues
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Went out and bought myself a fretless bass guitar (self-indulging Christmas present) and this is my first song recorded with it. Bit strange to get use to but I do like the sound of it.

I hear the sheriff knocking; he s knocking on my door
I hear the sheriff knocking; he s knocking on my door
He knows I m in here hiding and I know what he's here for

I killed a cheating gambler. My bare hands around his neck
I killed a cheating gambler. My bare hands around his neck
Had one too many aces. Dealing cards from the bottom of the deck

That five card stud poker has turned me oh so bad
That five card stud poker has turned me oh so bad
I didn't have much to lose but it's taken what I had

I got a hound dog howling I got the wanted man blues
I got a hound dog howling I got the wanted man blues
I feel just like that hound dog. Ain't got nothing left to lose
Ray Brookes

TPB

Now we are talking play dem bloooze boy there is so much good going on here had to go out to the studio to put headphones on to listen again first listen I was loving the organ and the vocals well written brother second listen grooving on the new bass and solo and as harp player(first love) really loving the harp and all this mixed to perfection
Bravo brother encore
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Jean Pierre

Impressive work everything is perfectly in place, harmonica and bass absolutely magical.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

launched

I'm definitely blown away, you have without doubt perfected your craft! And nice new addition - Bass solo lol! The authentic sound you have dialed in is fantastic!

Well done!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

hardlock

You've outdone yourself Ray! Love it. Slide sounding lead tone right at the edge of breaking and the organ and harp riffs and tones - wow! Top it off with a fretless bass solo and it's got it all!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Ferryman_1957

I read the lyrics first and I then read your intro. I did not expect to read the words "fretless bass" in connection with those lyrics! I usually associate that with Jaco-style jazz funk, not blues. So this was a really fun journey through a great blues song. I love the swing groove you got going and the clever way the snare "knocks" after you sing "I hear the sheriff knocking" (I assume that's intentional.... ;)). The bass solo at 2:02 is jaw droppingly good and the harp is pretty darned cool as well. The whole thing is quite wonderful and a real pleasure to listen to.

I was never into blues  in the past but since being on this site I have opened my ears to it, and tracks like this really make me appreciate and enjoy this style of music in a way I never would have done before. Great work Ray!   

Greeny

This is really cooking. Jazzy, swinging blues with so many cool turns and elements. The fretless bass does a very good impression of a rockabilly upright bass. That bass solo - awesome! And the distortion on the harmonica - damn, I love that green hornet sound. What a great piece of music.

Pine

A hands down fav of yours for me Ray. I LOVE this! It's just all so cool...the fretless has just killer doghouse sound..
The harp totally rocks..fine playing and tone, as is your guitar work. Solid vox and that organ is a sweet touch!
Great mix and production. Excellent swingin' blues. 5 stars on this one man... 8)
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Bluesberry

So good man...everything about this is so good...great production, very pro, everything sounds spot on....playing is godly....singing smooth and soulful.....damn delight to hear this.

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Pine

Back for another listen. man, i just LOVE this Ray! Swingin' blues with all the fixins. The bass solo is a hoot and that harp is the bomb, as is the bottleneck slide solo. What kinda guitar? Just a killer tune Ray...take a bow...did wonder why the ending was cut tho...maybe just on my end?
recorder
Boss BR-1200