'I'll Know What it Is When I Find it' - Greeny & Kenneth

Started by Kenneth, January 06, 2021, 02:17:12 AM

Kenneth

I'll Know What it is When I Find it_Kenneth and Greeny
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi!

Hope you guys are doing well. Happy new year!

So quick backstory, and i'll try not to make you gag...

6 months ago, I basically dumped everything social media, etc. to get some peace, and figure out what I wanted to do.
Kind of a , "where do I stand", in spirituality, the universe, God,... everything.

I don't attend any church (yet) , but I plan to.  Probably non denominational.

Anyhow, I asked Tim to do lyrics and vocals for me, and I greatly appreciate it.

Thank you Tim.

Everyone's been stumbling
in these same ragged shoes
over broken glass and fallen stars
so angry and confused
looking for answers
in the bottle and the trash
running just to keep still
fingers dirty from the cash

I'll Know What it Is When I Find it
I'll feel it in my heart and bones
A taste of the divine to make my own

A universal love
A universal need

We don't have the strength alone
to get up off the floor
we don't have the courage
to step right through that door

"...a guitar sound that you could curdle cream with." Ferryman

Ferryman_1957

This is very lovely. I love the backer, it's a kind of shoegazey-ambient track which is right up my street. It's really well put together, lovely pads which build gently with some wonderful guitar sounds and a great drum track. It all fits together beautifully. Tim's vocals are superb and really take this to another level, I love the harmonies and also the fade out and breakdown at the end. The lyrics are really good, they really highlight some of the universal challenges of the human condition.

I'm the least spiritual person you could ever meet but I do believe music can lift the spirits. This certainly lifted mine, it's a really involving and uplifting piece of music. Well done to you both.

Nice to have you back Kenneth. Looking forward to hearing more from you in future.

hardlock

Stunning composition and performance! Ferryman covered it all but can't help but repeat about the lifting of spirits! Hearing a "jemima's kite" influence maybe? Fine work!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

maxit

amazing song and backing, the production is just fantastic, soundtrack ready, to me !!!!
recorder
Audacity

SE

I can remember back maybe 10 years on this site and the quality of recording has so much improved that it,s amazing.
This song just proves it so much, two talents, ever present, loved it, big respect!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

TPB

I know what you mean with the social media too much crap and useless time wasted dumped
It all years ago do not miss it if I want to communicate with someone I email or call the only thing I kept was this picture frame my daughter bought that they download pics from their phone so I get up to date grand kids pics
Great collab love the pads and the mix is great
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Jean Pierre

I don't often go to Original song, but here I'm really impressed by the quality of the work of the last 3 publications, in different styles
I am unfortunately unable to make the original song

Bravo Greeny et Kenneth c'est très chouette..
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

launched

This is great, and Tim love the vocals with perfectly mixed backing harmonies. The music's ok too Ken lol!

You will find your place bud, lord knows I've always tried to find mine that's for sure

Love the tune!!
"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Mike_S

Kenneth what a tune this is... and Tim's vocal is perfect, it really is. I can relate to the backstory - not exactly - but I'd say a lot us can in some way. At the end of the day we all want to know what hell it's all about. Sometimes I watch Youtube podcasts about people chatting about their theories on all sorts of stuff, life the universe, everything really. Joe Rogan has some good ones, he really gets to the meat of things with his guests. But he chats about all sorts... politics, drugs, religion... everything really.

Sorry, I digress. I loved the tune, it's brilliant and serves the title and story perfectly.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

Kenneth.  This is fabulous.... what a colab.... Greenman is brilliant and your sound is so you...excellent....
I felt like I was allowing FB etc to destroy my soul months ago... I closed my account... I started seeing the wrong people as enemies.... and I didn't like my thoughts...  the battle we fight is in our minds...for sure...the lyrics here are big...and universal... thank you both....
hoping, wishing, and praying for the very best for each and every person on here....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner