To See The US Of A

Started by Ray Brookes, December 31, 2020, 09:52:17 PM

Redler

Amazing songwriting and performance. Your voice fits perfectly on music like this. Top class production, too!
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

WarpCanada

Okay I've now given it several listens and I like it more each time. The yearning for something is what grabs me most.

I feel the same way about seeing all of the US of A, I have only been to about 10 of the lower 48 states, that leaves 38 I've never been in. 

I think that for some people America might be a land of myth and imagination, an idea of America,  and the idea that it's vanishing is a compelling lyrical idea.

I felt the same way about the vanishing part when the pub in England, which I have never been to, where my literary heroes Lewis and Tolkien would meet for a beer was closing forever in 2020, the Eagle and Child (Bird and Baby).  Like all of England that they knew will be gone before I ever see it.

Anyways, the line about the 67 Mustang down Route 66 is perfect, and I'm damn jealous that I didn't write it.  Great track.
Warren
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Cubase

recorder
Bitwig Studio

British Columbia Canada

Pine

It takes a couple listens to really absorb all this. ALOT going on...musically and lyrically. You generate so many images of places i've been..which generate memories. This song is huge in it's scope...encompassing philosophical thoughts as well.
The USA is so complex. Is it drowning in splintered democracy? Being reborn? Evolving? Time will tell. You painted a great mural here. An epic song.

I drove Route 66 in 1971 in my '65 Olds 4-4-2. America on display...the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.

Although America has many incredible cultural sites, for me, the golden jewels are it's millions of acres of State and National Parks. Nature shines there still in stark contrast to many areas that don't.
recorder
Boss BR-1200

Mike_S

Damn, this is so good Ray. Your production is amazing... don't think a big studio with a large budget could do much better (at least that's how it sounds in my headphones). But what a tune, really love it and great lyrics too.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

SE

Wow can't  add too to much which  has been  said what an epic  of song.
What a privilege  to listen  great  work!!

recorder
Boss BR-80

chapperz66

I agree with everything that others have already said.  This is a great song, Ray.

Paul

thetworegs

You could always get on a slow boat Ray it would take a while but I'm sure it would be worth it to drive that mustang ....excellent song by the way a lovely tribute to remember the good things of a troubled land

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Jean Pierre

QuoteBut there's one thing here on my bucket list
Is to drive a '67 Mustang down Route 66

...yes me too (or a Harley Davidson) , very slowly

What a good song ! Ray I am happy to be now one of your French friends !
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo