Christmas town (get ready) by kenny mac. Now including Video.

Started by kenny mac, December 15, 2020, 12:56:32 PM

kenny mac

LANDR-Christmas Town_get Ready-High-Balanced (online-audio-converter.com)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
YuleFest (banner image missing)

GlamRockOriginals (banner image missing)

Well here it is my 1st Christmas song.
I was in my work and the tune came into my head so I sang it into my phone,then got home and wrote the lyrics.
Next part was trying to get the sound into my recording device from my head lol,,, we have all been there,needless to say it came out slightly different but hey,grab a glass and merry Christmas  :D

StephenM

Sounds fun...and I wish it was snowing right now!  I love your singing on this...really good and happy... if you can just whip that up I bet you could be (or are) a gourmet cook... smash hit

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Johnny McAleer

Great stuff, Kenny. This is well up there with some of the all-time festive anthems and worthy of a Spector classic even. Well done and merry Christmas, JMc
"Take music, family and friends: stir gently and serve chilled" - J Mc

Farrell Jackson

Kenny, slowly but surely I'm getting into the Christmas mood. Hearing songs like this move me closer to the Holiday festivities each day. Cell phones are a great device to capture song/lyric ideas and they are with us all the time. A cool Christmas song Kenny that will be in my head for the rest of the day.

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Greeny

That's a proper Christmas song alright. Brilliantly done. Sounds like an old classic, with all the elements you want to hear in a Christmas hit, and a chorus so catchy / hooky that it's already burrowed into my mind.

Redler

Bravo Kenny! This sounds to a classic Chrismas song in my opinion, too! Those bells are icing on the cake.

This could be a double fester song...sounds a bit glam rock as well :)
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

StephenM

back for another jolt of joy....dancing.... if this doesn't put you in a good mood ya ain't gotta pulse!  fabulause! 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ferryman_1957

Wonderful Kenny, simply wonderful. Superb intro that grabs you straight away and it's a real belter of a Christmas song. Upbeat, brilliant hooks and a great tempo for a Christmas hit. It's really nicely mixed as well, the overall sound is very polished and the balance is great. Get ready for a Christmas hit I say!

Really enjoyed this, getting me nicely into the Christmas mood.

pjd1

Yes i enjoyed this Kenny , i love the way you have recorded the idea in yer phone then produced it at home , that takes some doing , it works really well and is up there with best of the best xmas songs

Happy Xmas

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

cuthbert

That really was Yule-tastic, Kenny - I loved it!

I agree with Redler about its glam rock style (and I hear a bit of Bolan in some of your vocal lines). PM me if you'd like it added to the Glam Rock Originals jukebox.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase