Main Menu

The Bay

Started by Davidtheguy, December 11, 2020, 07:19:56 PM

Davidtheguy

thebay
Time:
0:00
Volume:
In 2019, pre coronavirus, I had been to a weekend on the Yorkshire Coast where I intended to meet some acquaintances. The coast was quite busy with lots of groups of people around and I couldn't find them, and my mobile phone was not internet enabled therefore I couldn't get a message to them. They later told me that they had been there. However, I did enjoy a solitary weekend! The combination of solitude and sea air inspire me to write this jazzy composition "The bay"

TPB

A weekend by the bay just what the music conveyed well done
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

hardlock

Your instrumental tone choices offer a distinctive nostalgic and timeless character. Very cool!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Redler

Nice instrumental and a bit orchestral song. Works fine to me!

Could be from soundtrack of a film noir movie.
recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

Mike_S

Nicely done David, this does have a nostalgic feel. Love that little fast jazzy section you threw in added an unexpected twist. Very nice.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

your meter changes are interesting...and around 1:40 the piano reminds me alot of "Get back honky cat" by
Elton John...
the digital world sounds very big in my new JBL reference monitors (they are the 5 inch powered) and this is no exception...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ferryman_1957

A really interesting and intriguing piece. Some lovely sounds and melodies, and I really like the way it twists and turns. It's definitely got a feel of TV/cinema soundtrack to it. A really different and enjoyable listen.

Johnbee

Has a nice, relaxing and laid back quality to it.
Interesting changes.
 ;) John B

pjd1

I can smell the sea air alright , its got that seaside feel to it , must have gotten in your blood in the weekend ,

Dunny
recorder
Boss BR-800

Cheers
Happiness is a warm ES 335, Boss BR800, Tascam dp 24 , Boss Micro , Fender Strat 70s original, Line 6 classical modeling guitar, yamaha ps 125 keyboard. Hohner Bass guitar.

recorder
Tascam DP-24

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-8

Greeny

Definitely takes me on a 'TV Theme' kind of journey. There was a dash of 'Hart to Hart' in there I think. That end-of-pier organ sound is great: atmospheric and completely 'seaside'. It's a very interesting song with lots to enjoy.