Is it Good Enough (For My Father)

Started by Mike Huntingford, December 10, 2020, 08:22:26 PM

Mike Huntingford

Is it Good Enough (For My Father) small
Time:
0:00
Volume:
My Father passed away yesterday... had to go to the studio to express myself... with in a hour or so this song came to be.  I hope you enjoy it, and more so, I hope my Father likes it.

Here is location of higher fidelity version: https://www.reverbnation.com/mikehuntingford/song/32312524-is-good-enough-for-my-father

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

StephenM

That is very sad to hear Mike...sorry about your loss.... I can relate because i lost my sister, dad, brother in law, close friends, and mom all in a matter of a few years... so the older we get the more this happens...it doesn't take the sting away.... I was listening to SC folder on the way to work tonight on random play and your song with Mike Stewart came on.... I was thinking "man this is so good." 
I know you will have sadness.... and happy memories...  Have the merriest Christmas you can under the circumstances and hug the ones you can .....
love your new song too....

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ray Brookes

The saddest news, Mike; my condolences. Always a terrible time when we lose a parent especially so close to Christmas. If it's any consolation, the music you've presented here is beautiful and expressive. So excellently arranged/produced with every instrument making its own statement.
Ray Brookes

hardlock

What a wonderful song Mike. I'm sure your father thinks so too! Very sorry for your loss.
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Mike Huntingford

Quote from: StephenM on December 10, 2020, 08:34:37 PMThat is very sad to hear Mike...sorry about your loss.... I can relate because i lost my sister, dad, brother in law, close friends, and mom all in a matter of a few years... so the older we get the more this happens...it doesn't take the sting away.... I was listening to SC folder on the way to work tonight on random play and your song with Mike Stewart came on.... I was thinking "man this is so good." 
I know you will have sadness.... and happy memories...  Have the merriest Christmas you can under the circumstances and hug the ones you can .....
love your new song too....

Thank you for you warm kind words...I am sorry for your loss.
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Ferryman_1957

It is good enough Mike. It's sensitive and touching, a lovely gentle listen. So sorry for your loss.

Greeny

Well, first of all I'm very sorry to hear that sad news. Life can be so cruel. Finding consolation in music seems like a good idea though. And this is a very poignant and thoughtful piece. Gives me so much of the same mellow vibe as Bob James' 'Taxi' theme, which I've always loved. Maybe it's the flute. It's really great though. That organ and acoustic guitar combo is superb. Beautiful work.

Farrell Jackson

I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your Father Mike. I'm sure he is enjoying this wonderful tribute song to him. My condolences....

Farrell
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Mike Huntingford

Quote from: Ray Brookes on December 10, 2020, 10:08:42 PMThe saddest news, Mike; my condolences. Always a terrible time when we lose a parent especially so close to Christmas. If it's any consolation, the music you've presented here is beautiful and expressive. So excellently arranged/produced with every instrument making its own statement.

I appreciate you thoughtful words.

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper

Mike Huntingford

Quote from: hardlock on December 10, 2020, 11:55:26 PMWhat a wonderful song Mike. I'm sure your father thinks so too! Very sorry for your loss.

Thank you, I hope he is enjoying it as it came from the heart... was beside myself not knowing what to do... took comfort in creating the song... just thinking about our times together, it seemed to just flow.  All stemmed from the EP just doing the simple chord progression.

Thanks again.

Mike
Mike Huntingford

recorder
Reaper